County houses and apartments

I see a lot of good feedback coming off this topic, just to be clear, the housing in the photo is a little too much for Sandy Shores. But the suggestion of adding more around Grapeseed or even Paleto Bay is something that I think should be looked into. It remains a fact that most of the county is low-income, but I don't quite understand why all of the county needs to be low-income housing. So, I would love to see some more apartments/houses/trailers added throughout the entire county to give the county the community boost it deserves. For me personally, I am a park ranger and I don't have 3 million in the bank to buy a property in the county, even if I was able to get an offer in the first place.

Then there's the topic of abandoned spaces that could be utilized throughout Sandy Shores by simply replacing them with something else. For example, The abandoned apartments where no one roleplays could be replaced with low-income apartments. My point is, there is so much space being thrown away by having old trailers/unused lots/abandoned. This totally doesn't make sense for an area like Sandy Shores because the community is growing and so should the town of Sandy Shores because housing demand is higher than ever. I think from a realistic point of view a mayor/spokesperson from the county should've addressed this a long time ago.

AF5J48Q.jpg
KPdqfZg.jpg
SDHVZiU.jpg
7asiZ7Z.jpg
pJxSCEC.jpg
eKAa2DW.png

Also along side Route 68, there are so many unused flat spaces that could easily fit a few trailers or houses. I don't think we should be forced to keep everything low-income but also mix it somewhat with mid-income around Sandy Shores rather than in Sandy Shores. The fact is, there are enough people in and around the county that have decent earnings roleplay-wise and that wish to find medium-income housing.

Edited by AngerIssues
  • 2 weeks later...

I think there's really no reason to add any more houses or trailers or anything to Sandy. The POINT of Sandy Shores is to be a failed town. Riddled with drugs and poverty, and people with nothing left to give. Too far from anything to be worth investing in, with no serious resources worth exploiting. The "nicest" buildings are the government ones, cause that's the only place the budget is spent. The FD is mostly there for the local state properties, because if any of the local houses start burning, they'll either cause a chemical explosion from a drug lab, or be a pile of doublewide melted plastic by the time anyone arrives. 

Sandy needs abandoned lots and hide-aways for criminal elements to do drugs or other crimes. The map is too small to have many open air places that aren't in immediate view of a passing LEO car on some highway or another. Abandoned lots for bike gangs to chill in before going for another ride. To MAKE people feel depressed and hopeless, because if you're in Sandy, the only lower you can go is a long walk into the lake. It sucks, but that's the point. NOTHING in Sandy should have any reasonable property value. Its pointless to even flip the area because no one would buy it. 

Grapeseed has no place to expand. Its a moderately successful modern farming community. Its economy revolves around the fields. The houses of the workers and the few shops on its moderately successful main street to support the town. The lake is right on one edge, the mountain is right on the other, the airport is clearly supposed to be low key, small, and out of the way for an "out of sight, out of mind" mentality, and the highway wraps it up. 

Paleto bay is the middle income option in the mountains. The more well off members of Blaine county tucked in what is a nice, successful tourist town. And when someone says they "Going into town" for something, its probably going to Paleto. 

The main crux of the issue is the simple fact that the map is as condensed as possible without breaking the flow and feel. It was first and foremost a single player game based around set piece locations that were simplified caricature of their respective cultures with just enough room around them to transition between biomes. It was NEVER intended to have thousands of players all looking for a single location to own, and no major map modding will fix that.

If we need more personal housing, Then we're going to accept more game-y options such as Trailer parks with portal entrances that have more interiors than exteriors. Remove any kind of player to player renting in the country or it'll never change ownership, just tenants. Easier activity checks for staff as well as visibility of sale status. Price limits/standardizations to prevent a runaway housing bubble that outpaces the servers economy. 

But I don't know the Staff limits or script options to give too detailed of a design suggestion. 

22 hours ago, Jhtpo said:

I think there's really no reason to add any more houses or trailers or anything to Sandy. The POINT of Sandy Shores is to be a failed town. Riddled with drugs and poverty, and people with nothing left to give. Too far from anything to be worth investing in, with no serious resources worth exploiting. The "nicest" buildings are the government ones, cause that's the only place the budget is spent. The FD is mostly there for the local state properties, because if any of the local houses start burning, they'll either cause a chemical explosion from a drug lab, or be a pile of doublewide melted plastic by the time anyone arrives. 

Sandy needs abandoned lots and hide-aways for criminal elements to do drugs or other crimes. The map is too small to have many open air places that aren't in immediate view of a passing LEO car on some highway or another. Abandoned lots for bike gangs to chill in before going for another ride. To MAKE people feel depressed and hopeless, because if you're in Sandy, the only lower you can go is a long walk into the lake. It sucks, but that's the point. NOTHING in Sandy should have any reasonable property value. Its pointless to even flip the area because no one would buy it. 

The reality is that Sandy Shores has an active community, with as much as seven unofficial factions that roleplay either in Sandy Shores, or somewhere else in the county to the extent that their members would be interested in a property in Sandy Shores. Nevermind the relevant legal factions. Whatever GTA5 lore makes the town seem failed or deserted is not relevant after 5-6 years of lore development.

Does the town need abandoned lots? Sure, but that doesn't mean that we should just leave all the literally empty lots of land in the middle of the town unused. There's no justification for this. The requirements of active players far outweigh the other considerations. No one who is seriously invested in county roleplay is asking for skyscrapers or super fancy buildings, or to get rid of all abandoned locations. But something needs to be done, something is being done already as per the community focus on country roleplay, and the Continuity Team/Property Management/Modders/Mappers are hopefully able to deliver a series of residential buildings that don't fall too far outside of the current theme soon. This is absolutely necessary.

• Upvote 3

I don't think some more housing is a bad thing depending where and what is placed. So far the few things that have been slotted in have been great. Not sure how big I am on the pictures that have been shared on this thread, though.

• Upvote 1

Have played in Sandy a bunch, I have a trailer, and love the derelict abandoned desert vibe, so I'm generally against the more dramatic overhauls.

However, some of the abandoned trailers and shacks are copy-pasted with very little use or interest and could easily be replaced by usable (if grungy) trailers or small homes without hurting the overall vibe, easily. It's not much, but anything helps.

• Upvote 1

I've roleplayed all of my characters in Sandy Shores other than one over a three ish year period. The only thing that needs to be done to Sandy is possibly replacing the motel with a functioning motel people can actually 'buy/rent' properties at which would improve roleplay for everyone involved. Also more trailers not a shit ton of houses which make no sense.

From what I can gather those that actually actively roleplay in Sandy are happy with the way it is for the most part and the only thing Sandy really lacks is housing / trailers which could be easily added. I think it's also important that property management and the admin team ensure that the large percentage of properties should be owned by people actively roleplaying in the county not by someone who's character is based elsewhere and essentially uses their house / trailer as a 'holiday home'.

The people commenting on making Sandy more modern and wanting to add all this stuff that looks out of place and makes no sense tends to be from those who do not currently engage in regular roleplay in the county. Don't make Sandy end up like the Davis Projects and the new mall, both of which were implemented and rarely used.

• Upvote 7
28 minutes ago, Menace. said:

I've roleplayed all of my characters in Sandy Shores other than one over a three ish year period. The only thing that needs to be done to Sandy is possibly replacing the motel with a functioning motel people can actually 'buy/rent' properties at which would improve roleplay for everyone involved. Also more trailers not a shit ton of houses which make no sense.

From what I can gather those that actually actively roleplay in Sandy are happy with the way it is for the most part and the only thing Sandy really lacks is housing / trailers which could be easily added. I think it's also important that property management and the admin team ensure that the large percentage of properties should be owned by people actively roleplaying in the county not by someone who's character is based elsewhere and essentially uses their house / trailer as a 'holiday home'.

The people commenting on making Sandy more modern and wanting to add all this stuff that looks out of place and makes no sense tends to be from those who do not currently engage in regular roleplay in the county. Don't make Sandy end up like the Davis Projects and the new mall, both of which were implemented and rarely used.

Hear hear!

Been roleplaying in Sanny for over 4 years now, what we need is a functioning motel for the low lives, more trailers scattered around the area on the empty lots, maybe a few houses too, but shitty ones. 

Enough about having fancy buildings and fresh paved roads. 

• Upvote 2
  • Selena locked this topic