Liberty Free Media: The Free Speech Corner With Oliver Specter

DLimit

dKDhOhH.png

Liberty Free Media: The Free Speech Corner With Oliver Specter

iUIMVFx.png

Good day, folks. Today, we will be releasing written transcripts of an interview with Oliver Specter during the Free Speech Podcast:

Shawn Freeman: Welcome to Liberty Free Media, and this is The Free Speech Corner...  we're here to discuss several cases involving workplace harassment in the LSPD specifically— against Oliver Specter. Specter, welcome. Pleasure having you.

Oliver Specter: Thank you for inviting me.

Shawn Freeman:  We here, at Liberty Free Media, read several articles regarding cases of harassment, against you, by Chief Burke, Wade, Navarro, and several other officers in the department. Tell me... how often did this happen?

Oliver Specter: It's saddening and disheartening having to endure such verbal abuse. Being a police officer was my whole life.

Shawn Freeman: Now, did this happen once in a while? Or, was it an every-day thing, with these officers?

Oliver Specter: But I believe in justice an-- it only happened the amount of times I've stated, but you tell me, is there such thing such as "small" abuse? Or "low amount" of abuse? 

Shawn Freeman: Bingo, that's right, brother, abuse is abuse... don't matter if it's for ten years, or ten seconds— I, too, have been a victim of police brutality. Now, tell me... how does it feel, knowin' that an institution that swore to protect individuals, Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, is abusing not only it's own citizens, but it's own employees?

Oliver Specter: About citizens I can not speak, haven't witnessed. Regarding me, the Chief of Police, Dwayne Burke, has shouted at me, saying "focus the FUCK up". In my opinion, this is not a proper way to address an officer below you. An employee of yours.

Shawn Freeman: That conduct ain't appropriate for /any/ public servant, that's for sure... public servants are expected to uphold higher conditions than the average citizens... higher standards, ya know?

Shawn Freeman: Did ya manage to record them? Any audio-visual evidence regarding these acts of harassment?

Oliver Specter: I can not speak on evidence stuff, but what I can say is - I am a man of a true word. I always have honest intentions. Let me tell you this. There's no citizens' complaints for violence on me. In fact-- There's no citizens' complaints on me at all, documented. Written. To continue with-- I've used my officer's discretion to let some citizens go, from misdemeanors. To not arrest them. Does this look like an officer with malicious intentions to you? Like a person, before all? I've always been an officer full of empathy and care for people. To not ruin their future. I've been praised by citizens. Greeted when passing-by.

Shawn Freeman: Seems like a true peace officer to me... one that upholds the oath that they swore to uphold The Constitution.

Shawn Freeman: Did ya file an IA report on these officers? I mean, ya don't gotta disclose evidence, but I just wanted to know... did IA get involved with this? By IA I mean Internal Affairs.

Oliver Specter: I'm sorry, can't comment on that. But you can stay tuned in the courtroom's gallery.

Shawn Freeman: Looks like Burke is reinforcin' abuse in the department.

Oliver Specter: I don't know what is he reinforcing, that, you'd have to ask him. But you can not even imagine how I've felt on that rollcall. After the said treatment. 

Shawn Freeman: Felt like a criminal on lockdown, didn't ya...

Oliver Specter: Well, I don't know how that feels, but what I can tell you - it was my whole life, being a police officer. I believe that this is just an issue that I have to overcome, I believe in myself, in our justice system, in God and with positive energy, I'm going forward. 

Shawn Freeman: Always depends on the judge... some judges back the blue, others back The Constitution, and others simply seek Justice.

Oliver Specter: I've never been in court before, I can not comment on how other Judges handle things. But the Judge on my case, the Honorable Louis Hampton... I can not even explain it with words how grateful I am. 

Shawn Freeman: How's he been...?

Oliver Specter: I believe in him, and the justice system. He denied the PD's lawyer Rachel Pearson's motion to dismiss the case, and gave me a chance for trial. He seems like a righteous man. 

Shawn Freeman: Everybody deserves the Right to a fair trial, that's for sure... can respect the judge for goin' forward with it.

Shawn Freeman: You, personally? I've never dealt with ya, so I can't say anythin' good or bad about ya, but I do believe that this workplace harassment situation, especially in an LEO department, needs to be investigated, severely.

Oliver Specter: Thank you.

Oliver Specter: I work in Gruppe 6 now.

Shawn Freeman: Heard a ton of stories about them, but I ain't gonna get in all of that.

Oliver Specter: I don't get involved in rumors. 

Shawn Freeman: Now, I got a question, Specter... Ever since ya filed the case, or even stepped foot into media offices... have you underwent any threats from the department? I seen the comments... tons of bootlickin' blue-backers threatenin' ya.

Oliver Specter: In person no. As for comments, I don't care. It's the internet.

Shawn Freeman: Thing with these people, is... many of 'em can't display their conduct, publicly, so they start makin' fake accounts and harassin' fellas, privately. Some would say you're bein' too "weak" and "soft"... some're sayin' these tyrants have Free Speech to be abusin' ya... what's your opinion on that?

Oliver Specter: I believe that it is healthy to show emotions. It's not weak. 

Shawn Freeman: I mean, it's a Free Country... ya can do whatever ya please as long as it ain't harmin' anybody.

Oliver Specter: As for being soft, I have a soft heart, full of empathy. I'm proud of that. I'm proud of myself.

Shawn Freeman: Ain't nothin' wrong with that, brother, it's all that matters. Everybody ain't the same, everybody's got different experiences, lifestyles, and emotions. But, what about these fellas claiming that their abuse was Free Speech? Got any thoughts on that?

Oliver Specter: I'll leave it to the law.

Shawn Freeman: Well, I'm gonna put it like this...  As a public servant, you're bounded to departmental policies and The Constitution... once that badge, gun, and uniform comes on? You're held to a higher standard than any citizen. Ya got less Rights, less Freedoms, with certain privileges. Fellas can record ya, ask for your last name, and request for your service... ya /gotta/ service 'em, for you serve The People.

Oliver Specter: I partially agree with you. Held to a higher standard yes, in terms of, having more responsibilities, but less rights no, everyone has the same rights, that's the beauty of our beautiful country, bu-- of course, you gotta serve the people, the citizens. 

Shawn Freeman: So, one ranger... Penkins... He wanted to file harassment charges, against me, for following and recording him, on-duty. Now, if this was NOT a public servant? He'd have somethin'... But... Once on duty? All harassment charges are out the window, since they're obligated to serve, we the people... in a public space? It ain't harassment, no more, when one is following an on-duty public servant to ensure that they are held accountable for their actions.

Oliver Specter: It's not my place to comment on someone else's charges or whatever, but it's not about the law enforcement officials having less rights if the public can record them. The public can record law enforcement officials. 

Shawn Freeman: Would you consider that a legitimate case if a Law-abiding citizen was followin' you, around county, recording ya for accountability purposes? I mean, it does apply to the average citizen, don't it? But, not a public servant. 

Oliver Specter: I haven't noticed anyone recording me, but if it has happened, I wouldn't of minded it. 

Shawn Freeman: Sounds like a peace officer that swore to uphold the Constitution. Sounds like someone that should've stayed in the department... Any last words, man? Got anythin' else to say? 

Oliver Specter: Don't have much to say, we'll see how everything goes.

Shawn Freeman: Well, folks, that's all, today, for The Free Speech Corner... thanks for tuning in. United, we stand. Divided, we fall. Thanks for agreein' to comin' on the podcast, Specter.

*** COMMENTS HAVE BEEN TURNED ON ***

Username:
Comment:

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 5

Username: freedomlover28

Comment: Dude went through the academy and being treated like a shithead every day to be surprised when he was told to 'focus the FUCK up', by the Chief of Police? IN a job which requires his full attention, man.. what a snowflake.

Username: LSPDfanboy2023
Comment: Oh not this crybaby retard again, he wants his five minutes of fame again. someone put this absolute buffoon into a coma for a few weeks so we don't have to deal with his bullshit, idk how he makes himself look like a clown EVERYTIME he opens his mouth. He gets told off and disciplined for doing something that he shouldn't have been doing in the first place and instantly goes crying to the media. On another note someone should revoke this dude's weapon license or something for his own safety, he's crying over being told to focus the fuck up and because another officer called him a dumbass, what would he do if someone threatened him? Would his emotions get the better of him?

I've spoken with a couple of LSPD officers today and asked their thoughts about Specter in general and all 3 officers and the one Lieutenant said they felt unsafe at work with him being on the field acting as an LEO. How can we believe this guy if even his ex-colleagues have no faith or trust in him?

2 minutes ago, Fireworks said:

Comment: Oh not this crybaby retard again, he wants his five minutes of fame again. someone put this absolute buffoon into a coma for a few weeks so we don't have to deal with his bullshit, idk how he makes himself look like a clown EVERYTIME he opens his mouth. He gets told off and disciplined for doing something that he shouldn't have been doing in the first place and instantly goes crying to the media. On another note someone should revoke this dude's weapon license or something for his own safety, he's crying over being told to focus the fuck up and because another officer called him a dumbass, what would he do if someone threatened him? Would his emotions get the better of him?

I've spoken with a couple of LSPD officers today and asked their thoughts about Specter in general and all 3 officers and the one Lieutenant said they felt unsafe at work with him being on the field acting as an LEO. How can we believe this guy if even his ex-colleagues have no faith or trust in him?

Username: SFreeman
Comment: Which officers said that, exactly?  

1 minute ago, Fireworks said:

Comment: I don't remember the LT's name but Officers Cooper, Castellanos and Martucci were three names I recall seeing.

Username: SFreeman
Comment: Wouldn't trust most tyrants with a gun and a badge, anyway, especially Castellanos. Fucking tyrant.

• Upvote 2