City Sports Team

Welsh

City Sports Team  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm curious how hard it would be to sim an entire conference or at least a few more teams representing other GTA lore cities like Liberty City. Something I've noticed as an issue is that there's a real lack of following for American sports on GTAW and it comes across heavily IC. Fully American characters can't tell you shit about the NFL but ask them about Manchester United and they'll talk your ear off for an hour. 

Now I don't expect EU players to learn an entirely new (superior)  sport just for a character. But an IC league that's all SIM teams from which they can just pick a team at random to be a fan of would be a very useful asset for the server.  

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Trupiano said:

I'm curious how hard it would be to sim an entire conference or at least a few more teams representing other GTA lore cities like Liberty City. Something I've noticed as an issue is that there's a real lack of following for American sports on GTAW and it comes across heavily IC. Fully American characters can't tell you shit about the NFL but ask them about Manchester United and they'll talk your ear off for an hour. 

Now I don't expect EU players to learn an entirely new (superior)  sport just for a character. But an IC league that's all SIM teams from which they can just pick a team at random to be a fan of would be a very useful asset for the server.  

I'm using Madden 23 to sim, it would be easy enough to add all the results from a week into the updates.

I have also edited teams to match lore too, so Liberty City, San Fierro, Vice City, and Las Venturas all feature

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Power said:

No Basketball or Baseball? The MLS is an afterthought mostly in America. Got people are make choices here with their European sensibilities as oppose to roleplaying actual Americans. 

I am limited to what I can sim games on, in which case was the three original options

18 minutes ago, Power said:

No Basketball or Baseball? The MLS is an afterthought mostly in America. Got people are make choices here with their European sensibilities as oppose to roleplaying actual Americans. 

Although I'm currently in process of installing NBA2K22 to check the modding options, there is nothing stopping another user in creating a basketball or baseball team

10 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Don’t these games have a cinematic replay feature? Should upload that footage in a game repository somewhere 

I wouldn't even know where to begin with that,

I can just upload to YouTube?

Edited by Welsh
15 minutes ago, Welsh said:

I wouldn't even know where to begin with that,

I can just upload to YouTube?

Assuming it does have a replay feature, preferably with commentary, you’d probably have to just let it play out while recording it, process it and upload it.