Robbery rule.

I just don't wanna walk around looking for a lick, honestly. Makes it so much easier to be caught. The "get creative" argument isn't valid either because as I said previously, young gangbangers are often looking for ways to make quick cash. Not everything has to be some fully planned out robbery. It also doesn't make much sense to just walk around your residential area to look for someone to rob. You could end up robbing the wrong people. Also, you'd be robbing people who're probably just as poor as you are. You should be able to at least use a bike to park up and then walk around. Walking around increases the chance of you getting caught by the police because you have no getaway vehicle. It's just running back and forth.

The whole argument where y'all say "the streets are empty" is a bit weird to me. There's no way people are getting robbed this much. How does someone get robbed so much and don't even see it coming or try to be more cautious especially if you're in a dangerous area. I honestly feel like if people were more considerate of their surroundings, they wouldn't be getting robbed as much as they say they do.

17 minutes ago, barrio ruler said:

The whole argument where y'all say "the streets are empty" is a bit weird to me. There's no way people are getting robbed this much. How does someone get robbed so much and don't even see it coming or try to be more cautious especially if you're in a dangerous area. I honestly feel like if people were more considerate of their surroundings, they wouldn't be getting robbed as much as they say they do.

Doesn't matter if you're cautious or being considerate of your surroundings. During the robbery peak prior to the update you couldn't stand on the street without a car abruptly drifting off onto the sidewalk in front of you with 3 gangoons hopping out eager to rip you right there, or haul you into the car to rip you somewhere else. It was so indiscriminate and constant that it didn't matter where on the map you were. Walking the beach? Robbed. Spawning in? Robbed. Parking you car and walking to the bar? Robbed. We've had instances where one robbery crew would hit another robbery crew while that crew was doing a robbery. Robbing civilians became the number one method for "gangs" to acquire guns. Emphasis on the quotation marks, because it rarely was a gang robbing you. Any rando could join the server with a friend, buy a hammer and rob a civilian. Thus arming themselves in under 10 minutes, only to chain that to arm the rest of their group. Once they're armed they'll try ripping other gangs and so forth. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, mj2002 said:

There was a requirement to roleplay realistically, and through pressure from IFM, this was removed. No more safety from people who would realistically be around. Instead, you only have to take into account what you actually see. The result, a subsection of players pushed the rules to its absolute limit and made sure to take every single OOC advantage they could get over others. This is where the 4deep sedan with masked players trope comes from. You want people to use common sense, but they wont. The results are in, first on this server, then on GTAW LC. They just wont, period. They will exploit any opportunity they can, because they are not here for storytelling, but for 'winning' in their version of a a PvP RPG.

What you suggested was tried, and it failed. Any change to rule 10 has to have a measure that prevents that situation from reoccurring. This has been explained over and over again, in at least 5+ different threads. If you have a solution, nothing is stopping you from presenting it.

Remember when the cooldown to the /rob command was introduced, so robbers would just sort of take turns in a group? They literally looked at a script feature coded into the server to slow down robbing, and their first decision was to try and find a way around it.

4 hours ago, Moonsong said:

the majority of the time you'd be shot just because you were robbed and saw who robbed you.

Ah yes, a time I fondly remember, the days when people would intentionally not wear a mask during a robbery and say "I had to kill them 'cus they saw my face." 

Fun times.

3 hours ago, barrio ruler said:

Not everything has to be some fully planned out robbery.

Funny that you mention this, because it's literally the exception through which you can use a vehicle to perform a robbery. Get to know your victim a little, get to know what you're going to steal from them, and bam, you can use a vehicle at any stage of the robbery. It's that easy.

3 hours ago, barrio ruler said:

So, you've established that you don't understand the economy of crime in our city, but that's okay. Let's provide a practical comparison to help you see and understand just how rampant crime is.

Earlier last year (I think), a server hiccup resulted in, for a span of only a few hours, a change in corpse despawn settings. Again, this was only for a few hours. Not weeks, or even days. Hours. About five, to be exact. Within that extremely narrow timeframe, probably within hour two, we had a post appear in the general discussions, a complaint really, from a criminal roleplayer. This discussion was titled 'The Corpse Problem'. What was the Corpse Problem, exactly?

In the first two hours alone, because body despawn was disabled, corpses simply stopped disappearing. No big deal, right? Nah, it was actually a pretty BIG deal. Corpses were literally piling up, and criminals were getting a bit upset, because it looked really bad. Before the day was done, the corpses were piled high enough that you had to push through in order to access the Davis LTD interior, assuming they didn't get stuck behind the doors. For once, people were forced to see exactly how many people are murdered in our city on an hourly basis. Fun fact - the server staff even confirmed the suspicions during the discussion of the incident, sharing that according to the actual server records, in a single day our one single city population of less than a town, accounts for more murders than the whole of the united states.

But then we see,

4 hours ago, barrio ruler said:

There's no way...

There IS a way, many ways in fact. Your issue is the misconception that crime happens only at a rate YOU choose, when in fact it's happening at a rate that the entire criminal community is choosing without communicating. If you rob people twice a day, with a criminal population of four hundred and rounding down in terms of actual participants, that means there's around three hundred robberies per day in a population typically remaining at a steady value of six hundred. Half the population is routinely robbed every. single. day.

Because you didn't stop and take a moment to think "If I rob/kill someone, will I be adding to the already generous number of robberies taking place? How many others are out committing crimes right beside me? Maybe I should focus on securing my domain, and discouraging these crimes somehow, instead of perpetuating the problem."

Keep in mind that this is me being GENEROUS with the numbers. I'm literally ripping out entire factors in an effort to get you the lowest possible number of robberies per day. Taking out crime-grinders, car robberies, etc... You still get a value that accounts for half of the server being victims of crime, every day.

The issue isn't that car robberies are bad. The issue is that YOU and most other criminals simply CAN'T be aware of the crime economy in this city. It's an intangible mass of facts that is literally impossible for you to see, much less comprehend, and it's why we need these rules. It's why the Liberty City server is GONE, because there was just no practical grasp of the economy of crime, and now you want to apply that same lack of awareness here, because you don't want to spare two seconds of thought towards being a little more clever about your targets.

3 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Doesn't matter if you're cautious or being considerate of your surroundings. During the robbery peak prior to the update you couldn't stand on the street without a car abruptly drifting off onto the sidewalk in front of you with 3 gangoons hopping out eager to rip you right there, or haul you into the car to rip you somewhere else. It was so indiscriminate and constant that it didn't matter where on the map you were. Walking the beach? Robbed. Spawning in? Robbed. Parking you car and walking to the bar? Robbed. We've had instances where one robbery crew would hit another robbery crew while that crew was doing a robbery. Robbing civilians became the number one method for "gangs" to acquire guns. Emphasis on the quotation marks, because it rarely was a gang robbing you. Any rando could join the server with a friend, buy a hammer and rob a civilian. Thus arming themselves in under 10 minutes, only to chain that to arm the rest of their group. Once they're armed they'll try ripping other gangs and so forth. 

Don't forget, if you're a PF holder, and you defend yourself after the robbers start shooting at you? It was guaranteed you'd end up in a forum report and chewed out by staff for "unrealistic behavior". 

Oh, and the time when Davis gangbangers drove out to the forests to steal hunting rifles! Raiders on motorcycles, black out clothing, riding down the hills to catch hunters and steal their guns. 

Good times.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
53 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Funny that you mention this, because it's literally the exception through which you can use a vehicle to perform a robbery. Get to know your victim a little, get to know what you're going to steal from them, and bam, you can use a vehicle at any stage of the robbery. It's that easy.

I guess you have not the read the part where criminals are often looking for ways to make quick cash. Not every robbery has to be planned, lol. I plan most of my robberies but there are also times where I just like to do a regular robbery for quick cash. 

1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

So, you've established that you don't understand the economy of crime in our city, but that's okay. Let's provide a practical comparison to help you see and understand just how rampant crime is.

I'm specifically talking about robberies. I just don't believe that people are getting robbed this much as they say they do. It seems ridiculous that people complain about getting robbed 20 times a week.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, barrio ruler said:

I'm specifically talking about robberies. I just don't believe that people are getting robbed this much as they say they do. It seems ridiculous that people complain about getting robbed 20 times a week.

With the current rules in place, it isn't that bad.

1 hour ago, barrio ruler said:

I guess you have not the read the part where criminals are often looking for ways to make quick cash. Not every robbery has to be planned, lol. I plan most of my robberies but there are also times where I just like to do a regular robbery for quick cash. 

I guess you have not read the part where we very carefully explain to you how it was and why the rule was made in the first place. The fact that you plan certain robberies for “quick cash” doesn’t mean others do. 

2 hours ago, barrio ruler said:

I just don't believe that people are getting robbed this much as they say they do. It seems ridiculous that people complain about getting robbed 20 times a week.

3 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

The issue isn't that car robberies are bad. The issue is that YOU and most other criminals simply CAN'T be aware of the crime economy in this city. It's an intangible mass of facts that is literally impossible for you to see, much less comprehend, and it's why we need these rules. It's why the Liberty City server is GONE, because there was just no practical grasp of the economy of crime, and now you want to apply that same lack of awareness here, because you don't want to spare two seconds of thought towards being a little more clever about your targets.

I rest my case.

Edited by DasFroggy
7 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Never said a thing about hopping out, I said you should be able to park a few blocks down or something. Robbing in your residential area is silly and makes no sense. Guess you didn't read that part either. Any "criminal roleplayer" that goes around robbing just for a gun isn't someone who's here for the roleplay.

1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

I rest my case.

I'm saying what I think. You can say all you want.

• Upvote 1
Just now, DasFroggy said:

They're also known for saying "People can't be getting robbed that much."

Just because I disagree with the current rules doesn't mean I go around robbing for guns💀what are you trying to say, lol

Of course I want to obtain valuables when I rob someone, but I dont really care that much. If you know me, I don't even go around robbing people that much. But it seems like you don't, so...