Allow more types of ads

You may NOT use /ad for the following under any circumstances;

• looking for work ads, which can be put on the forums;
  • ads looking for roommates;

I suggest to remove these two rows from the list of advertisements that are not allowed. This is not enforced anyway, and provides roleplay opportunities and connections for new characters/players. If players really wanted to use the forum for looking-for-work ads, then we would have a proper section for this, but there isn't. Lets simplify the rules where we can, and remove things like these that aren't enforced. The rulebook is growing ever larger, lets counter act this and remove some.

Edited by mj2002

The more you can do in-game than on forums the better! The looking for work advertisements can get somewhat generic but, it's often something you see new players do that are still trying to adapt to the server and learn.

With the roommate one? I don't see a problem with it staying on forums, neither are that big deals though.
The rule was probably put in place due to an absurd amount of people putting these ads up, cluttering the other/better ads away.

Edited by phixion
On 3/29/2023 at 4:42 PM, mj2002 said:

I suggest to remove these two rows from the list of advertisements that are not allowed. This is not enforced anyway, and provides roleplay opportunities and connections for new characters/players. If players really wanted to use the forum for looking-for-work ads, then we would have a proper section for this, but there isn't. Lets simplify the rules where we can, and remove things like these that aren't enforced. The rulebook is growing ever larger, lets counter act this and remove some.

As long as ads aren't very clearly sexualised, I don't have an issue.

• 4 weeks later...