Unofficial Faction Submissions

Sufi

Hasn't done anything to enforce quality control, has done nothing but create more work for an ifm team that constantly says they have too much work to do which detracts from actual important things than prohibiting friends from portraying a concept simply cause some of them have admin records. Good experiment but terrible execution, go back to the way things used to be as nothing has improved since then - as a matter of fact, i'd say the blanket of roleplay quality in factions has gone downhill tremendously.

• Upvote 1

I think it should be as it was before, long time ago.

Let people rp what they want and if they want to go official that's where the faction should be established formally.

BUT, as a group they won't be benefitting from features official faction has for example, like acknowledged turf or something.

Edited by Engelbert

In the very least becoming an unofficial faction should be made simpler. I thought that unofficial faction status was a stepping stone, an opportunity to showcase what a group of players have to offer to then eventually one day be considered for an official status. Having tried to start an unofficial faction three times over the course of past two months and failing each time, I no longer believe that. Even after having spent more time on researching and writing up the faction concept than I've ever spent on writing any of my college essays or work papers, I wasn't able to get anywhere with it. No guidance is given, no suggestions or discussion takes place, no communication whatsoever, just waiting for weeks to eventually receive a blanket reason such as "not realistic", "already too many exist" or "not good enough" without any specifics that would allow for alternatives, improvements. The thread locks, the story is over. Thanks for playing, try again.

If this is the gruesome process (and I've left out many details as to not divert from the topic too much) that needs to be taken in order to merely start an unofficial faction, I can't even imagine what otherworldly expectations there are for factions that are actually official. I don't think that I as a player asked for too much when I wanted to roleplay criminals with a group of friends. Two months and hours upon hours of unenjoyable forum paperwork later, we don't have an unofficial faction - or the group of friends. They're gone too because unimaginably they won't wait forever. Having completed this long journey I can say that nobody had fun, there's was no roleplay made and there are now less players. Victory.

• Upvote 2

Personally I agree with the submission thing, mainly because it allows IFM to quality check roleplayers and ensure the concept makes sense for the current illegal scene. I see people say 2021's Unofficial Group system was better, but I strongly disagree; I will argue 2023's Unofficial Faction system is better. Why? Because when you let people make whatever whenever wherever it causes issues for other established factions, be it unofficial or official. Keep it as it is.

• Upvote 3
Just now, Morrigan said:

Personally I agree with the submission thing, mainly because it allows IFM to quality check roleplayers and ensure the concept makes sense for the current illegal scene. I see people say 2021's Unofficial Group system was better, but I strongly disagree; I will argue 2023's Unofficial Faction system is better. Why? Because when you let people make whatever whenever wherever it causes issues for other established factions, be it unofficial or official. Keep it as it is.

You know where's the actual problem? It's in the factions themselves. Seasoned players know all too well, that action is only one side of the roleplay. Some people simply jump on any idea just to flex a gun at civs or beef with others. They expect action nonstop or simply only log in if there's something going on. I been to few groups here and there and I can tell you, that I never seen action in such quantity as others claim it is. I am one of few, who never shot anyone for anything.

3 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

i mean, can't IFM just close threads and ban those people from making other threads? it's happened before - a group gets reported - gets closed - gets banned from making any groups. this new system isn't really adding anything new, IFM has been closing factions that make no sense 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Morozzini said:

If this is the gruesome process (and I've left out many details as to not divert from the topic too much) that needs to be taken in order to merely start an unofficial faction, I can't even imagine what otherworldly expectations there are for factions that are actually official. I don't think that I as a player asked for too much when I wanted to roleplay criminals with a group of friends. Two months and hours upon hours of unenjoyable forum paperwork later, we don't have an unofficial faction - or the group of friends. They're gone too because unimaginably they won't wait forever. Having completed this long journey I can say that nobody had fun, there's was no roleplay made and there are now less players. Victory.

100 percent

5 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

How do you establish a quality roleplayer from a non-quality roleplayer? 

Admin record? 

This isn't aimed at any specific faction, but I've seen groups who are very seasoned roleplayers with several official factions under their belt be denied.

• Upvote 1

Horrible. 

Official and unofficial factions should just be a status. The power that official factions hold are beyond me, they can basically start a conflict with an unofficial faction and bully them just because they’re not official yet. It baffles me, I feel as if everything with the system should just be revamped official and unofficial should just be a status one obtains. If you get official you should have a lead way, like maybe getting businesses and etc. But the system now? Allows official factions to do whatever they want to unofficial factions just because of their status and they have that authority over them. I’ve seen it and have been on both sides, it’s bad. The system hasn’t done anything to enforce great RP at all, it only enables power hungry people to do what they want to people who don’t have as much power as them. It’s not like someone can just get official in a month, it takes months on end to even apply and then a month or so to get accepted IF you do get accepted. A official faction can start a conflict against an unofficial faction and use Mercs, apply for ck’s, and much more. Where’s an unofficial faction can’t do nothing but fight with who they have. It just needs to be revamped to suit unofficial and official factions. Apply for factions, shouldn’t be a long process because factions Who go through that process some of them don’t meet the server requirements. Please revamp the unofficial and official faction system and also revamp this. 

Edited by Morte666
  • Upvote 3