The Mask Epidemic

The Mask Epidemic  

961 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

-1. Next up y'all gonna get some bright idea not to wear gloves because they are used sometimes during hits. Shower yourself with cold water, wake up. Y'all steady keep trying to make this server into Sims. Soon enough we're gonna have to request a permission to kill someone on the forums.

Edited by Greens N Blues
  • Upvote 4

As per California Penal Code 185 PC:
As discussed above, a defendant must wear the mask or disguise in order to avoid detection. If the disguise is worn for some other reason, the defendant would not be criminally liable for this offense. Simply wearing a mask or disguise is not a crime in and of itself.

Which means - unless you committed a crime and then used a mask to avoid police detection - you're not liable for any charges. If this IC law passes I don't have a single percent in me doubting that police will flip your whole car upside down and search the entire block for 1 person wearing a mask.

Stop trying to invent hot water with the smallest shit that has no grand positive change to anyone on the server but annoys the most out of any illegal roleplayer, shit's literally a trend IRL and it should be left at that.

• Upvote 1

just on a personal note, I will give you my real life perspective as an individual who was born and raised in New Jersey and now has lived in California (spanning from San Diego to Los Angeles... I recently moved out of LA so i live about 1 1/2 hr from there now)

masks are immersion breaking and should be restricted.

In the east coast we'd wear ski masks and scarves, etc to cover our face through freezing weather conditions, in that regard I can be more understanding of the leniency. Being we are in the West coast, not 1 time in my almost 8 years living here have I seen someone randomly wearing a ski mask or anything other than Halloween night. The weather just doesn't justify it and anyone who argues against that doesn't live in California... I do.

Take that as you will, but im +1 on restricting mask wearing with stipulations behind it

I don't think anyone here is asking for OOC admin rules surrounding masks, that would be ridiculous and unnecessary. I do not like admin intervention or OOC intervention with anything that should be kept IC. I also think it would be incredibly stupid to make it so people can be arrested for wearing a mask or face covers. I think that would even be unconstitutional seeing as some religions have their women cover their faces and what not.

However, I'm pretty sure it can be discouraged by some kind of law that allows law enforcement to detain and frisk anyone who's seen unnecessarily concealing their identity in public spaces. That alone would likely discourage the excessive usage in Los Santos in a more sensible way rather than going full dictator mode. A healthy balance is always the way to go.

• Upvote 1

In the US where I'm at. People wear mask just because they can. It may seem unrealistic to those who aren't from America, but where I'm at in the south. Anyone, especially the young black youth are always wearing mask. Even in the spring/summer. 

A lot of people that play this game are European, so they actually don't understand nor know what it's like for this type of encounter in real life. Which is understandable but this is a roleplay server. So other's should just become knowledgeable of the lifestyle that thrives in the US. People wear mask and carry glocks in small waist bags. It's legal actually.

17 hours ago, stain said:

yeah well I think it isn't stupid and is in fact realistic 

And I think you probably like running around in a mask all day, we're in California, its very warm most of the time and we've got gangs of people running around with masks on for no obvious reason, just that they want their identity kept from the rest of the server. Masks have a purpose for illegal RP, not day to day wandering the streets.

14 minutes ago, Cameron said:

And I think you probably like running around in a mask all day, we're in California, its very warm most of the time and we've got gangs of people running around with masks on for no obvious reason, just that they want their identity kept from the rest of the server. Masks have a purpose for illegal RP, not day to day wandering the streets.

In california people wear make day to day in the streets. In the US in general they wear them in the streets. It's realistic. It doesn't matter the weather. They even have stylish ski mask these days lol. 

I don't think there needs to be any real changes on an OOC basis. I personally think it looks goofy to see 6 or 7 people standing on the block talking in 70+ degree weather in hoodies, jeans and wool skimasks. I also think the people that constantly wear them have no real ground to stand on when they get attention from the police for looking like cartoon bank robbers 24/7.

And surely in CA, in hot ass weather with those masks on you're gonna end up with a funky smelling face?

• Upvote 2