Balance out admins roleplaying and on admin duty. (posted in the wrong thing on accident last time)

cason4312

Also, if any staff read the conversation before and are afraid of staff reports - there is no reason to be scared of staff reports unless you're literally abusing your position.  Zani, Boots, Wuhtah and adv are all fantastic, not a single one of them is going to fault you for handling a report the way you see it.   They might give you a new perspective and in some cases overturn your decision, but that's what we call a learning opportunity.   Literally nothing to stress about. 

53 minutes ago, nateX said:

The problem comes when staff management either contacts you for very small reasons, even when it's clear that you're in the right, or starts arguing with you over something that just seems illogical. I have no problem admitting my fault and I openly agree if I'm in the wrong, but having a major decision of yours get overturned is always as demotivating as it was the first time it happened. That's why some people just flat out stop doing reports.

I believe(?) that this has been changing. From the talks we have in Staff Management chat (I am on support side, so I don't handle admin shit unless they need an opinion) - they are mostly really fucking good on how they speak to you. They don't demean you, they get your view, they offer their view, they offer other things that could have been done, etc etc. It's not a cutthroat process as it used to be (from what I have seen so far). 

23 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

I believe(?) that this has been changing. From the talks we have in Staff Management chat (I am on support side, so I don't handle admin shit unless they need an opinion) - they are mostly really fucking good on how they speak to you. They don't demean you, they get your view, they offer their view, they offer other things that could have been done, etc etc. It's not a cutthroat process as it used to be (from what I have seen so far). 

The problem was never them arguing, it was that they dragged it out and that many, including myself, had to write out elaborate explanations to try and justify a basic punishment. They dragged out the process. Maybe it has changed since, but I remember that being one of the most annoying things to deal with and it got worse with each staff report. Do remember that most of my staff reports came due to decisions I made as RPQM, so my experience could differ from others. I remember a lot of arguing, a lot of writing, and a lot of disappointment. Staff reports (or the way they were handled) were by far one of the biggest reasons why I left staff and I remember expressing my disappointment to Pillsbury.

Good on them for improving though.

9 hours ago, Wuhtah said:

You know how long things can take to change because of how many hoops we as staff members need to jump through to make it happen.

Honest question, what hoops?

I'm not trying to be a dick but this an RP server, there are no government regulations or industry standards and practices that need to be abided by.  The staff team is entirely volunteer, there are no contracts that need to be followed or unions that need to be negotiated with. While I appreciate the fact that GTAW clearly has systems and process in place to stop it from turning into a complete dictatorship where everything is at the whim of ownership. Ultimately at the end of the day it is, nothing is stopping staff from saying this isn't working and figuring out a solution in 2 weeks time, it shouldn't be on going for years like it has been.

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick. I'd appreciate knowing what you can share about staffs internal processes for making such decisions, but as a community member it seems at this point to be just a bunch of useless bureaucracy that's pawning off the shit end of the stick on the players. It's beyond frustrating. 

7 minutes ago, Trupiano said:

Honest question, what hoops?

I'm not trying to be a dick but this an RP server, there are no government regulations or industry standards and practices that need to be abided by.  The staff team is entirely volunteer, there are no contracts that need to be followed or unions that need to be negotiated with. While I appreciate the fact that GTAW clearly has systems and process in place to stop it from turning into a complete dictatorship where everything is at the whim of ownership. Ultimately at the end of the day it is, nothing is stopping staff from saying this isn't working and figuring out a solution in 2 weeks time, it shouldn't be on going for years like it has been.

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick. I'd appreciate knowing what you can share about staffs internal processes for making such decisions, but as a community member it seems at this point to be just a bunch of useless bureaucracy that's pawning off the shit end of the stick on the players. It's beyond frustrating. 

Without trying to sound disrespectful, it's just very hard sometimes and it takes a lot more work than you'd think.

• Upvote 3
13 minutes ago, tampaaa said:

regardless, shouldnt be 3 niggas patrolling especially when the game is insanely active

Okay. This has been aggravating me.

Patrolling is when LEOs are on duty. They patrol the streets.

Admins don't "patrol" they are just on duty. 

Also, we can do a bunch of reports off duty as well a majority of the time.

🥲

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Wuhtah said:

Patrolling is when LEOs are on duty. They patrol the streets. Admins don't "patrol" they are just on duty. 

well im a lead admin for a strict rp game as well we call it admin patrol, that's just what i call it so to me it makes sense,

• Upvote 1

Most times I'm hesitant to post reports or make reports in game unless it's absolutely needed because of the wait times. I understand that admins want to roleplay too, but when you're in a situation that requires an admin and there's only one or two on duty out of twenty then it tends to annoy people.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic