Snow for Christmas?

Nervous

Yes. Definitely yes.

As far as bridging the difference between RP and reality (well, people wounded in Los Angeles don't miraculously heal in a few days but that's besides the point), you could make an event out of it. A freak storm caused by climate change. Weazel News reporting, people getting into MVAs, rockslides/mudslides for FD (tooting me own horn), among other things. Might as well get something out of it ICly besides the nice cozy look hmm?

40 minutes ago, Maca said:

Yeah, allowing the admins to change their skins to apes and running around the server roleplaying a scene from Rise of the Planet of the Apes would be new and unique roleplay too.

It doesn’t mean it should happen nor is it realistic for it to happen. Unique roleplay is misused, just because something is unique doesn’t make it right or realistic to do so.

The thing that annoys me about your examples and some others are how over-exaggerated they are.

You damn well know the idea of snow isn't anywhere near as stupid as you make it out to be with your weird almost off topic examples, I get it, you don't want snow and I doubt it'll happen because all the admin team are coming together to basically mock anybody who likes the idea of snow, but I wish you didn't try blow it WAY out of proportion with your silly examples.

We're not stupid, we know what heavy RP is, we know the standards of the server and you don't have to bring up ridiculous, borderline condescending examples to prove a point, we wouldn't be here if we didn't pass the test given.

Either way I'm out for real this time, fingers crossed we get snow but I doubt it. 

Edited by Liam_Airey
  • Upvote 2

YES for the snow - it would be really fun and entertaining, I'm also pretty sure this could give us a lot of opportunities for more roleplay situations ( ex: the road being really icy so you shouldn't go over a specific number of miles per hour, the need of changing summer tires with winter tires on cars, blizzards, huge ass snow bounds, avalanches on mt. Chilliad and whatever winter related things your mind can think of as long as you use your imagination )

1 hour ago, Franelli said:

-snip-

But to count it as a debate with reasoning, I only saw two people with answer YES with a legit reason for the snow. One of them was that "adminning in LS makes you wish a nuclear winter in there." I think this should not be decided just on a mare popular vote.

Just now, Tr1bal said:

But to count it as a debate with reasoning, I only saw two people with answer YES for legit reason for the snow. One of them was that "adminning in LS makes you wish a nuclear winter in there." I think this should not be decided just on a mare popular vote.

I agree with you on that one. The statistics is merely there to get the general image of what the community wants, especially if you're too lazy to go over all of the comments by yourself, as this turned to be a mess.

Yes please. Everyone quotes realism and rp but global warming is s thing, a long with abnormal weather changes.

Hell in universe there are cars with skis on roof racks in game.

Also for realism, is la an island in real life?

Edited by Velora
42 minutes ago, Ribsey said:

Rockstar added snow into the GTA:Online portion, which is not to be taken seriously as a portrayal of the universe. There is no snow in the single player area of the game outside of cheats/mods. Everything else in its SP portion refers to the state having a similar climate; with many mentions of the heat, humidity and the threat of a water shortage.

Michael confirms this in the first ever trailer for the game:

"Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather. Or the... Ah, I don't know, that thing. That magic."

We are trying to assume we know what Rockstar intended as continuity when none of us have the authority to do so.  GTAO features major lore characters who not only acknowledge the single player story but also involve the player into that universe as their own unique character.  Not once has Rockstar stated every job we pull for a major character doesn't matter because they don't take online seriously.  I get it, upside down race tracks and deathmatches in the streets, but I'm not going to try to cherry-pick what I accept as lore based on that because I don't have the right to speak for Rockstar.

Snow is neither unimmersive, lore-breaking nor inconsistent, and that horse has been beaten to a pulp with examples of why.  How players may react to it can be, however.  Snow is an inconvenience, especially for those who aren't used to operating a vehicle through it.  I've rode my bike in heavy rain with standing water as well as slush, but never through snow.  Since I'm trying to project as much of myself onto my character as possible I would be inconvenienced ICly both physically and financially in that I would have to rent a car until the snow passed.  If someone is seen rolling on twos through snow and can't provide a reasonable explanation as to why their character would, but rather post an OOC screen-grab saying "But this guy is doing it so every rider must be able to" then that warrants administrative action.  To preemptively try to prevent players from breaking immersion by doing wheelies through snow because it might cause the server to devolve into coke-fueled monkey revolutionary roleplay is really out-of-line reasoning.

• Upvote 1