Snow for Christmas?

Nervous

The staff team had a lengthy internal discussion about snow which later escalated into a discussion between the subteam leaders and manager in order to determine whether it should snow or not. 

We came up with a very simple solution. The server will follow LA's weather due to its location. If it snows in LA around Christmas, January, June or any other random time of the year, we will make it snow. If it doesn't, we won't. 

This way we follow a consistent pattern of weather in general which also makes sense in terms of the map's location. Some of you said snow shouldn't happen at all, some of you said snow should be a thing - the actual weather in the region will be the deciding factor instead of either side. If the forecast shifts towards snow or any other 'unique' weather type I promise you we'll make it happen IG. 

The weather is not automatically synced at this point which is why we'll have to adjust it manually which is what we've been doing for awhile now. If you wonder why the weather doesn't match LA's forecast the reason is simple - a staff member hasn't had the change to adjust it. 

I hope you can appreciate the decision regardless of which side you took. I'll quote Ike as I feel it reflects this thread perfectly: 

On 12/8/2018 at 2:35 PM, Ikechukwu said:

side note why does this shit have over 20 pages when we could be discussing something that actually matters. im not gonna lose sleep over not being able to roleplay a white christmas in los santos this year or next year

• Upvote 6

I would like to add that I was the main defender of snow as you know, however I gave the final no for it due to one simple reason: If tomorrow we need to take a difficult decision due to continuity, or even a ban, the victims of these decisions could just tell us: « You are punishing us for not respecting continuity and yet It snowed in LS LOL ». Not all decisions come with benefits only, and not allowing snow is one of the sad but necessary result of being strict about continuoty.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1