Punishment overhaul (Admin jails)

Sebz

What should be done about admin jails?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

No, if someone is punished for DM 3 times they need to be perma banned, it's that simple. Same goes for any other rules, if someone is repeatedly breaking rules what's 5 minutes going to do? You need to at least DOUBLE the time for repeat offences as I mentioned before. If 2 hours in ajail (after several offences) doesn't correct someone's behavior, they're not fit for the community.

If you want ajails to be meaningful you need to do this, or at the very least make them have more meaningful consequences than JUST standing around afk waiting for a timer to go down. Exclusion from PK wars, exclusion from running leased businesses, being able to apply for housing (I'm not sure if it's already taken into account or not by PM). If you want to keep ajails, make sure they hurt and make the player think twice else they're pointless.

Even if you double the amount of jail time it still won't do anything so banning them after they get jailed for the 3rd time would be more effective. Deathmatch was just an example though, this system applies to every rule violation that can occur, like Metagame for example, Powergame and so on. I get your point and I support the idea of issuing bans but to be honest, no matter how much jail time you give them they're not gonna change. Even if it's for 100 minutes they will still wait it out.

2 minutes ago, Kenshi said:

Looking at how punishments are handed out, and having been in a server that straight up perm banned you with zero remorse if you were caught lying to admins.

This is another thing - lying to admins shouldn't get a slap on the wrist. It shows in a single move that the liar is already actively trying to deceive the staff. If they're willing to lie to staff, how can we trust that they're willing to adhere to the rules?

If found out for lying, it should be a ban with chance to appeal only once.

Admin jail is not as effecting as a Ban (in some cases those bans are lifted in a week), because in order for the person to actually want to change, the punishment has to sting, and sting hard. Without the punishment deterring people from offending it will not be effective. Increasing the time will result in those people just leaving themselves to AFK so the time passes.

The strike system gives me the Warnings vibe, with all honesty Strikes is the same thing, you give a warning once, twice, three times (in a short period of time in-between each one) it should stack and end up with a hefty punishment. The bigger issue, is that even banned people are buying new GTAV copy and keep playing on the server until (if at all) caught and banned again. I spoke to Nervous once on the ban system, and he believes in second chances, the issue here is when the repeat offenders are allowed a 3rd, 4th, 5th chance. It should not reach that point, you screwed up? You get a chance, one chance that is it.

How I see it, Admin Jails are not effective with the violations vs the time given that I see. What Admin Jail should entail is that if a person received a warning/admin jail and within a short time from that offense he repeats his actions the punishment should be a ban with a delay on when they can appeal it even if it's a temp-ban, do not allow them to appeal right away, put a cooldown time between ban and appeal so the offender might have the gravity of their actions sink in. Punishments only work if they are strict.

It's like with the stop lights irl, if you do not take the small offenses seriously, the bigger ones will lack on punishment and fear factor of being punished.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
2 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Admin jail is not as effecting as a Ban (in some cases those bans are lifted in a week), because in order for the person to actually want to change, the punishment has to sting, and sting hard. Without the punishment deterring people from offending it will not be effective. Increasing the time will result in those people just leaving themselves to AFK so the time passes.

The strike system gives me the Warnings vibe, with all honesty Strikes is the same thing, you give a warning once, twice, three times (in a short period of time in-between each one) it should stack and end up with a hefty punishment. The bigger issue, is that even banned people are buying new GTAV copy and keep playing on the server until (if at all) caught and banned again. I spoke to Nervous once on the ban system, and he believes in second chances, the issue here is when the repeat offenders are allowed a 3rd, 4th, 5th chance. It should not reach that point, you screwed up? You get a chance, one chance that is it.

How I see it, Admin Jails are not effective with the violations vs the time given that I see. What Admin Jail should entail is that if a person received a warning/admin jail and within a short time from that offense he repeats his actions the punishment should be a ban with a delay on when they can appeal it even if it's a temp-ban, do not allow them to appeal right away, put a cooldown time between ban and appeal so the offender might have the gravity of their actions sink in. Punishments only work if they are strict.

It's like with the stop lights irl, if you do not take the small offenses seriously, the bigger ones will lack on punishment and fear factor of being punished.

I've had the same conversation with Nervous in the past and I think every single member of staff both current and past will agree that everyone deserves a second chance but not before they've had time to reflect on their behavior. But the part I have bolded is EXACTLY the issue. If someone truly has changed their behavior they'll show it, if they need 3/4 chances to change they don't fucking deserve it. It's truly a joke the way bans are handled, not because players get second chances and sometimes given benefit of the doubt, especially if it's been a long time since their ban but because those who don't change make a mockery of the system and are repeatedly let back into the server. How can that not be a huge red flag to anyone with a functioning brain? 

Edited by Moonsong
  • Upvote 2

I think the ajails are good, maybe a time increase if you ask me for some things. If you remove them players will just do the same things they would get an ajail for and just take the strike, warning, etc.

3 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Just make it so that it's impossible to afk while in ajail. We already have a similar system in place for server jobs, let's implement it to make AFKing in ajail pointless.

• Upvote 2

Back on the old SAMP block if you fucked around you found out with a 7 day ban. And that’s coming from a server where the pinnacle of roleplay came from the incoherent hormonal ramblings of a 13 year old. Doing the same shit here would give you a 10 minute admin jail. Do the math 💀

• Applaud 2
On 2/3/2023 at 2:48 PM, sparky said:

It's really not.

is this my sparky from lsrp?
I MISSED YEW.

Also to add onto the thread; the punishment system rn is fine I just genuinely think admins are too strict. They admin how they want. Some situations should be a kick/ajail but since they wanna rule with an iron fist and rank up fast they issue bans.

• Adv locked this topic