Jail & Prison discussion

Your opinions on the jail / prison debate  

903 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a no brainer, always has been. 

Most prison roleplayers from LSRP have always struggled with the jail house rules as most were accustomed to state pen programs... then it all got a bit logistically janky trying to apply the same rules to county... and we ended up with the mess we have now (not pointing fingers btw) but yeah, this is a must. 

Would also advocate that all cars have very intensive programs when it's eventually open, and not some cookie cutter "I've watched a couple movies on this" portrayal. 

eMe & White Car programs are heavily documented through numerous resources on the internet, and I'd go as far as to say it's not worth doing unless it's done right. Most people I know want to be immersed in the realism of a state pen, not some lack luster concept conjured from the minds of people who have half heartedly did their research, become bored and swayed to trolling instead. 

With that said, I can see the current state of eMe being a great example going forward of such a program. 

EDIT: Upon implementation, the most sensible thing to along with it is this "embargo" on NF being lifted. It's going to give a much greater power dynamic to the entire scene and allow for a lot more roleplay & riots for everyone involved... both prisoners and guards. 

Edited by sodium soldier
  • Upvote 2

While I totally get that the prison culture differs from jail culture quite a lot and the former appeals more to the broader community (no doubt thanks to more books, shows movies, and broadly accessible materials on the subject) I still think that from a strictly gameplay-oriented perspective - this will be a step backward.

LSSD already struggles to attract enough LEOs interested in permanent custody positions, and we're talking about establishing a brand new faction that is supposed to focus entirely on this type of roleplay and somehow attract more players. SADOC/SADCR from LSRP that so many people seem to be nostalgic towards had the exact same staffing issues and the prison was closed to any sort of faction/inmate conflict bar few hours a day due to there not being enough guards on duty. 

On top of that, pretty much the entire legal system we currently have in place (bails, parole) has been built with the jail in mind, and will need to be heavily adjusted to work with prison - That's not gonna happen overnight, and is going to require a lot of effort from a huge number of people to make any functional and narrative sense.

The Jail comes with its own problems and limitations, but the resources required to get the Prison going could be put towards further developing and improving the current system, rather than breaking it apart to create a foundation for something that might end up in the exact same place couple of months/weeks down the line.

Hard not to draw GTAW LC parallels with this hype.

According to Bolingbroke's GTA Wiki page (https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Bolingbroke_Penitentiary), the facility is based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Correctional_Institution,_Victorville. I think it has never been done before, but the server would stand out if it had a federal yard/wing within Bolingbroke.

I haven't seen it done on any server that federal and state charges are treated realistically, this would be a great chance for this to be implemented. Of course that this would make it more immersive for the Paisa factions but also for any other form of organized crime such as the Italian or Irish crews. New type of prison organizations could come out from this and the server's quality would be on top.

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Gapis said:

LSSD already struggles to attract enough LEOs interested in permanent custody positions, and we're talking about establishing a brand new faction that is supposed to focus entirely on this type of roleplay and somehow attract more players. SADOC/SADCR from LSRP that so many people seem to be nostalgic towards had the exact same staffing issues and the prison was closed to any sort of faction/inmate conflict bar few hours a day due to there not being enough guards on duty. 

It is an unspoken fact that Deputies don't like ttcf duty. I have spoken to Custody Assistants and they all went Patrol because there wasnt any opportunity for inmates and or general rp due to how restricted TTCF was, and I can say this as a fact as someone in SD and ran lcdoc (and still do) so this is a nonsecutor. 

Furthermore,

6 hours ago, Gapis said:

On top of that, pretty much the entire legal system we currently have in place (bails, parole) has been built with the jail in mind, and will need to be heavily adjusted to work with prison - That's not gonna happen overnight, and is going to require a lot of effort from a huge number of people to make any functional and narrative sense.

@Satnikand I have entire documents from the LSRP days that we can change within the week. 

6 hours ago, Gapis said:

The Jail comes with its own problems and limitations, but the resources required to get the Prison going could be put towards further developing and improving the current system, rather than breaking it apart to create a foundation for something that might end up in the exact same place couple of months/weeks down the line.

It can honestly be solved with some mapping and smart tps. The biggest issue would be mods and I was talking to Satnik and we realized if we really wanted it, it could be a retexture, here;

BCOA-three-generations-2022.jpg?w=860&fo

Vans+3465.jpg

image0.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Gapis said:

That's not gonna happen overnight, and is going to require a lot of effort from a huge number of people to make any functional and narrative sense.

There's already fully scripted, but unused mapping in the prison interiors at Bolingbroke, I don't think it'd take as many resources as some think.

4 hours ago, Tzula said:

It is an unspoken fact that Deputies don't like ttcf duty. I have spoken to Custody Assistants and they all went Patrol because there wasnt any opportunity for inmates and or general rp due to how restricted TTCF was, and I can say this as a fact as someone in SD and ran lcdoc (and still do) so this is a nonsecutor. 

Furthermore,

@Satnikand I have entire documents from the LSRP days that we can change within the week. 

It can honestly be solved with some mapping and smart tps. The biggest issue would be mods and I was talking to Satnik and we realized if we really wanted it, it could be a retexture, here;

BCOA-three-generations-2022.jpg?w=860&fo

Vans+3465.jpg

image0.jpg

Out of curiosity I noticed you said TTCF was restricted when it came to roleplay, can you elaborate on how? what restrictions were there in TTCF that SADOC wouldn't have? 

• Nervous unpinned this topic