Admin permission to start a brawl/shooting inside a bar/club/café

I am an avid LEO Rp'er and civilian RP'er. 

The past 3-4 weeks, I've gone to various establishments off-duty and been unable to find a single... Not one... Opening that didn't result in a deadly shoothing, massive brawl or even bombthreats. It's come to the point where the nightlife RP is nothing but spectating fights. I understand that brawls and fights are an important part of most illegal character's RP and acknowledge the need for the ability to target rivals in open businesses. But there's simply too much of it, there's a never ending stream of fights and every time a fight occurs it disrupts the opening and the business. 

I also understand that the counter argument would be that it's an IC issue and that it's inevitable up to the owner of the establishment to create safety around their business. I don't have a direct response to this other than it being increasingly frustrating to be unable to have a "night out RP" without having to defend one self against small arms fire and brawls happening on the dancefloor. It's unrealistic and it's breaking my immersion - Having administrators be in charge of a brawl inside a club would significantly bring down the escalations and unrealistic, often poorly reasoned, fights. 

Edited by Arkster
4 minutes ago, Cartoonhead said:

-1 Only because this adds to an already suffering admin reply rate at peak times. I get your issue and sympathies with it but with this added on top, everything just suffers more.

I really wish I didn't have to make this suggestion and I completely understand your concern that it'd only add another stress on administration. I really wish the counter argument I was first presented with wasn't that administrators are too busy to deal with more quality of life improvements for the everyday civilian RP'er. It's a shame. But I understand your concern. 

Edited by Arkster
1 hour ago, Arkster said:

I also understand that the counter argument would be that it's an IC issue and that it's inevitable up to the owner of the establishment to create safety around their business. I don't have a direct response to this other than it being increasingly frustrating to be unable to have a "night out RP" without having to defend one self against small arms fire and brawls happening on the dancefloor.

In a server where everyone likes to fight each other for the slightest of reasons, yes please.

I do agree there has been way too much fights outside or inside businesses lately. It's like everytime I step inside/outside of a business, it's a 50/50 chance there's a situation happening or will happen. And while yes, fights are common, it's a bit too common on the server. In real life, people don't start fights in a public business every day. And a cafe for example, hiring a security company just to defend their business makes zero sense. Simply put, too many verbal arguments are escalating into full blown brawls or even shootings, and it's pretty overblown in my opinion.

But, I don't think locking brawls/fights behind admin perms is a good idea. As already stated, this will just add to admins' long response times to /report, since we're giving players yet another thing to rely on admins for. Any suggestion that involves locking more RP behind admin perms is a no from me. 

6 hours ago, Rubbish said:

Just saying if brawls didn't happen, shootouts didn't happen, chases didn't happen, and any crime you can imagine requiring auths beforehand.

LEO factions would simply just die out from there being nothing to do.

People can always take their fights outside. It's more detrimental to have businesses close down within 20 minutes of opening and hours of planning, taking away from everyone's role-play - employees, civilians looking to spend some time there, illegal factions etc - rather than cancel the 5038th club shootout in the last week. They quite literally add nothing to anyone's character development and 99% of the time are highly unrealistic escalations.

8 hours ago, Cartoonhead said:

-1 Only because this adds to an already suffering admin reply rate at peak times. I get your issue and sympathies with it but with this added on top, everything just suffers more.

Or just forbid such events from taking place in open businesses altogether and have them take place outside and away if really necessary. I don't think giving admins yet another thing to handle is efficient but letting them happen isn't either.

14 hours ago, Rubbish said:

Just saying if brawls didn't happen, shootouts didn't happen, chases didn't happen, and any crime you can imagine requiring auths beforehand.

LEO factions would simply just die out from there being nothing to do.

I'm not saying every situation on the server requires admin intervention. I'm mostly just looking to improve the nightlife/bar scene. Starting a discussion on what can be done to make it better for everyone. Again, I'm not talking every situation requiring an admin to intervene, but a new rule aimed at lowering the amount of situations happening in open businesses would be a good move for the server and quality. How that rule exactly gets worded, I'm not entirely sure and that's where this discussion comes into play. 🙂