Poll  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, Westen said:

There is a command called /speedlimiter (?) I believe that restricts your vehicle to a certain speed. It's a little bit jarring however in that you have to retype the command to adjust it, and you can also /speedlimiter 0.

Yes the /spidlimiter works fine as I've mentioned in my previous comment - I was referring to the cruise control feature. It was implied that we already have it in place, and given the fact a suggestion thread was posted about the very same thing I figured we should see if it is actually already implemented in-game or not.

Edited by Franelli
Just now, Franelli said:

Yes the /spidlimiter works fell as I've mentioned in my previous comment - I was referring to the cruise control feature. It was implied that we already have it in place, and given the fact a suggestion thread was posted about the very same thing I figured we should see if it is actually already implemented in-game or not.

Ah, I was thinking /speedlimiter was cruise control but turns out I've completely missed the ball.

As far as I am aware there is no cruise control feature in-game, but the /speedlimiter command could do with looking at to integrate the two systems together.

The speed limiter & the cruise control feature are two completely different things.

While the speed limiter helps you maintain a fixed speed so you do not go over the limit you've set - the cruise control supports automatic acceleration & driving without the need to hit the gas pedal (or press 'W' in-game). You will still need to manually steer with both options.

Just felt the need to clear that up as it seems many confuse these two features with each other!

• Upvote 1

I mean, I like the speedlimiter as well. It's useful for limiting yourself to a speed limit but also being able to slow down for bends and city driving.

Yet cruise control would be ideal for maintaining a constant speed for long-distances and highway/freeway driving and events like parades/convoys. 

I think cruise control should be implemented alongside speedlimiter. 

Edited by Cobra
Just now, Cobra said:

I mean, I like the speedlimiter as well. It's useful for maintaining the speed limit but also being able to slow down for bends and city driving.

Yet cruise control would be ideal for long-distances and highway/freeway driving and events like parades/convoys. 

I think both should be implemented

The /speedlimiter is already a thing. While some suggest it's a bit buggy - I've been using it for a while and have not encountered any issues with it.

3 minutes ago, Franelli said:

The /speedlimiter is already a thing. While some suggest it's a bit buggy - I've been using it for a while and have not encountered any issues with it.

Sorry I didn't word that properly.

Corrected to

"I think cruise control should be implemented alongside speedlimiter. "

I use it regularly as well for cruising, city driving and for being a law-abiding citizen. I haven't encountered any bugs either myself. 

If anything I think it makes people better drivers, they have more time and focus on their steering and watching the road rather than going too fast and losing it. It certainly makes me drive more smoothly. 

Here I thought this was a suggestion to implement the NPC taxi script from single player to allow a character to drive to a destination autonomously while adhering to traffic laws - because I'd be all for that.

My experience is that traveling in one direction constantly leaves you open to crash into things - often enough to make implementing the feature semi-useless.