The new animation script tweak

Irrtadum

Detailed Description

When you do an animation, make it so the controls don't pop up from the get-go. Make it so when you left click and then they enable.

Relevant Commands/Items

None. Same controls as before.

How will it benefit the server?

When you do some simple animations, it displaces your character, or you might accidentally move by pressing down the controls, it's annoying a bit frustrating... and sooo it should be toggleable so it's not as frustrating as I've heard many people have similar opinions on the new script. (Otherwise it's great)

• Upvote 3

I don't think disabling / hiding that menu in general would be a bad idea.  How's a new player supposed to know what the heck is going on? And even if the menu shows after a few seconds, what's the point of hiding it then?

The left click issue happened to me once yesterday and I was playing around with anims all day. All I had to do was to /as and re-anim and the menu worked again.

Some people however complained about shift and ctrl not working for them, would be great if it could be fixed for them. Giving them maybe the option to rebind some of the keys would probably help, if that's even possible.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Kyra said:

How's a new player supposed to know what the heck is going on?

Yuh. New players won't have any idea how to navigate this new system if this doesn't pop up, making it that they'd have to ask on dc or forums. I had no issues whatsoever getting myself in position and just click. I'd say keep it as is for new players' sake.

And those bugs that are there will be ironed out in no time I'm sure.

• Upvote 1

Eh, no from me. As mentioned already, how are new players (or anyone unaware of the new animation positioning system) supposed to know it exists, when you have to manually pop up the menu with left click? 

Honestly, just get used to it. That's all I have to say. Yes, it can be frustrating to accidentally move your character when doing anims, but that's only because we're all still used to doing just that. This animation position thing is still brand new, literally only recently added a day ago, and everyone is still getting used to it. 

Give it like a month or two, and I guarantee you'll be completely used to not moving your character accidentally anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Cookooloo said:

Yuh. New players won't have any idea how to navigate this new system if this doesn't pop up, making it that they'd have to ask on dc or forums.

33 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

Eh, no from me. As mentioned already, how are new players (or anyone unaware of the new animation positioning system) supposed to know it exists, when you have to manually pop up the menu with left click? 

Instead of hiding the entire thing, show something like "Press left mouse button to adjust animation".

EDIT: Just wanted to add. It's not like this system is "the only way to play". Players also need to type /ph to open the phone. It's not like we need to show the phone UI when players login so they know the server have a phone feature XD a lot of commands are hidden. Some players don't even know /weather exist. Or /hairtie.

Edited by varthshenon
58 minutes ago, varthshenon said:

Players also need to type /ph to open the phone. It's not like we need to show the phone UI when players login so they know the server have a phone feature XD a lot of commands are hidden. Some players don't even know /weather exist. Or /hairtie.

True, people do need to type /ph or use the menu to open their phone, and loads of people might not now those commands you mention. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't make anything more accessible and easier to understand for new people. Or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Cookooloo said:

True, people do need to type /ph or use the menu to open their phone, and loads of people might not now those commands you mention. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't make anything more accessible and easier to understand for new people. Or am I missing something?

Yeah, that's why I said, "Instead of hiding the entire thing, show something like Press left mouse button to adjust animation".

This will make it more like optional rather that forcing it. That's just how my knowledge regarding UX works.