Influx of Trolls

Perstephone

On 9/16/2022 at 5:47 AM, subutai khan said:

i think it'll blow over, it's a new (or returning) feature so at the moment there'll be a lot of people using it, the same way a whole bunch of people are spamming the new dance animations in the middle of roleplay. some people might be using the skins to troll but i've personally seen a bunch of people using them seriously too, and it has been pretty cool. 

i think the solution is to just wait it out for now

Not quite sure what environment you've been around to say that the new dance animations are 1:1 with x12 John Does roleplaying swole Chads and saying "brah" at the end of every sentence... but you do you.

The PED skin should be authorized by an admin to be used. My friend IRL came to GTA World and got that swole skin given by an admin, because he was roleplaying a very specific character with obvious knowledge backed by his gym experience in real life, since he is also a bodybuilder IRL.

I don't think PED skins should be freely brought out, it's encourages a silly way to RP and harbors an environment that is not the kind of environment you wanna see when you are in a strict roleplay server. It's giving DarkRP.

Edited by Wynters
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Wynters said:

Not quite sure what environment you've been around to say that the new dance animations are 1:1 with x12 John Does roleplaying swole Chads and saying "brah" at the end of every sentence... but you do you.

maybe you should reread what i said so you can better comprehend it because you are literally putting words into my mouth

Considering a lot of the thread participants' "serious" roleplay is of far lower quality than actual pisstakes, I'm unsure of the relevance of this discussion.

On a serious note, nobody here bothered to establish the link between ped skins and trolls. I doubt the reintroduction of this feature somehow made the server easier to join or change admin policies, and those are the two main influences on "trolls".

GTA RP has been going on just fine for 15 years without customizable skins at all.

Edited by imjustlooking
4 hours ago, imjustlooking said:

Considering a lot of the thread participants' "serious" roleplay is of far lower quality than actual pisstakes, I'm unsure of the relevance of this discussion.

On a serious note, nobody here bothered to establish the link between ped skins and trolls. I doubt the reintroduction of this feature somehow made the server easier to join or change admin policies, and those are the two main influences on "trolls".

GTA RP has been going on just fine for 15 years without customizable skins at all.

Though there is a very loose link, the level of trolling will get worse regardless of ped skin availability. As I said before, trolls will troll regardless of what skins they have available though I can't deny that certain skins will by nature, encourage trolling. I don't know which in particular because honestly, I've not looked through them all but undoubtedly they exist. Trolls are already very easy to spot anyway, sadly most fly under the radar until it's too late because of currently lax administrative policies.

On 9/23/2022 at 10:59 AM, Wynters said:

The PED skin should be authorized by an admin to be used. My friend IRL came to GTA World and got that swole skin given by an admin, because he was roleplaying a very specific character with obvious knowledge backed by his gym experience in real life, since he is also a bodybuilder IRL.

I can tell you are talking about me and my friends' characters. We're very far from roleplaying as chads with the only similarity being that our character's have muscular builds, if you took a moment to examine, you would see my character is far from perfect. My character having multiple insecurities and weaknesses just like any other character in World. We all have a various amount of knowledge in gym culture too and have been trying to portray a realistic version of Muscle Sands, taking after the real life location of Muscle Beach Pit. I also don't see how gatekeeping a PED skin will make them stop trolling, it will just make the trolls move onto a new idea.

Edited by Slumped
grammar
  • Upvote 5
41 minutes ago, Slumped said:

I can tell you are talking about me and my friend's characters. We're very far from roleplaying as chads with the only similarity being that our character's have muscular builds, if you took a moment to examine, you would see my character is far from perfect. My character having multiple insecurities and weaknesses just like any other character in World. We all have a various amount of knowledge in gym culture too and have been trying to portray a realistic version of Muscle Sands, taking after the real life location of Muscle Beach Pit. I also don't see how gatekeeping a PED skin will make them stop trolling, it will just make the trolls move onto a new idea.

I've seen you all down there actually working out. Keep it up, man!

trolls exist regardless of whether or not you add peds. it seems that the community has a wrong perception that avoiding certain script features will result in a higher roleplay quality. well, that is wrong. in fact, it's easier to spot a troll using an unique ped being blatantly obvious they're not here to roleplay.

real issue is punishments, double standards and slap over the wrist on serious rule breaks that'd warrant a temporary ban as low as 7 days. ive seen reasons like "trolling, mg, pg among other stuff" being 20 min ajail. im sorry but wat. ive been asked a bunch of times when i talked about players obviously rule breaking infront of my eyes recently to report them on the forums. i said no thanks.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic