Really awkward red shadows all across the map

hamin

45 minutes ago, Toys Get Shot said:

Maybe just try screwing around with the advanced graphic settings for a bit. I used to have some weird shadow issues a bit different to this, and just one of the combos of anti-aliasing or one of those settings just fixed it.

Will let u know how it all goes later today/tmrw or whenever

I have the same issue, it started after I got a new monitor. I didn’t change anything in terms of settings. Sometimes it’s not there but only appears after a while and I’m able to get rid of it by restarting my game but sometimes that doesn’t help either. Sometimes days go past and I don’t witness it at all. I haven’t bothered with changing settings yet or removing VisualV.

• Applaud 1

So update - My game was all fine until I change char'd and spawned in at MRS cause of that bug. It immediately started happening infront of me.. So it might be something to do with a certain vehicle or a furniture item? A certain clothing item/ped? No clue.

I've been dealing with this issue for a few months myself after uninstalling an ENB. I too have tried everything from reinstalling GTA V, Rage, my graphics drivers and changing settings. 

So I can narrow the issue down to the following. Both must be true for the issue to occur:
- The time is after 23:00 in-game in the timecycle
- The weather is anything that is not extra sunny or sunny. So any smog, cloudy, rainy etc. weather types make this happen.

It happens in singleplayer with no (known) mods so server side mods can be ruled out on my end. I've had it happen while flying around in no clip mode inside properties on the server so peds and vehicles can certainly be ruled out too. It's literally just not sunny weather types + after 23:00 = bad shadows.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Keane said:

I've been dealing with this issue for a few months myself after uninstalling an ENB. I too have tried everything from reinstalling GTA V, Rage, my graphics drivers and changing settings. 

So I can narrow the issue down to the following. Both must be true for the issue to occur:
- The time is after 23:00 in-game in the timecycle
- The weather is anything that is not extra sunny or sunny. So any smog, cloudy, rainy etc. weather types make this happen.

It happens in singleplayer with no (known) mods so server side mods can be ruled out on my end. I've had it happen while flying around in no clip mode inside properties on the server so peds and vehicles can certainly be ruled out too. It's literally just not sunny weather types + after 23:00 = bad shadows.

im sure with this info devs can force extra sunny after 23:00 until early morning?

1 hour ago, Keane said:

It happens in singleplayer with no (known) mods so server side mods can be ruled out on my end

Weird, I've not had it happen on singleplayer/gta online or even other RageMP servers (at least from the testing I did, it might happen and just didn't proc yet for me)

• 3 weeks later...

So an update, I got a completely new computer and so far I haven't witnessed the red shadows yet until tonight at an airsoft match. It suddenly was back but then I did /getup and it disappeared as fast as it came and didn't return afterwards. So it might be something to do with the effects you witness when you die?

Perhaps try changing your shadows settings from NVIDIA PCSS to "Softest" and see if that resolves the issue. 

Additionally you could launch Singleplayer and run the "benchmark" option so the game auto-decides your graphical settings. It's highly likely there's a few graphics settings that don't like each other that cause some sort of glitch in the game.

• 5teezy locked this topic
  • Kenth unlocked this topic