Automatic headlamps based on time

14 minutes ago, Timzii said:

Unless you're stuck in early/late 2000's car wise, majority of modern vehicles have them.

Considering 90% of the server drives super modern cars, this suggestion wouldn't be bad, tbh.

my 2009 car has auto headlights, so yeah.

If this isn't hard to script in, I don't see why not. I agree with Timzii here, majority of the server drives new / nice cars that would definitely have them.

I am +1 because most cars have automatic headlights. I am also +1 because I really dislike seeing people driving with out headlights, it's goofy.

I am -1 because not using your headlights gives police probable cause to pull someone over. It's a better reason to conduct traffic stops than not coming to a complete stop at an intersection that has 1 car per hour drive through it or going 91 on the highway.

I don't care either way. 

Would be nice to see, but make this optional in /settings rather than forcing it on everyone. That way those that don't want it, can turn it off. And those that want it, can leave it turned on. Have the default option be on, so it has to be a conscious choice not to have it.

It should depend on the car, classic/older (roughly models based on pre-2000) cars usually will not have this as a function, so they shouldn't get it. Does that make it more complicated? Yes. Other than that?

On 7/12/2022 at 1:29 AM, Late said:

I am -1 because not using your headlights gives police probable cause to pull someone over. It's a better reason to conduct traffic stops than not coming to a complete stop at an intersection that has 1 car per hour drive through it or going 91 on the highway.

• 5 months later...