Change /createscene time from minutes

Detailed Description

I would love to see the time increments changed from minutes to half-hours for the /createscene text. I can understand why this isn't the same format as with info markers, but perhaps editing them from minutes with a max of 30, it could be in 30 minute increments instead, with a minimum of 1 (30 mins) to a max of 6 (3 hours). 

Relevant Commands/Items

Example for a 2 hour scene for a store opening etc: /createscene 4 [content]

How will it benefit the server?

I believe it would be extremely beneficial because it will mean players font have to replace the scene every 30 mins. I have come up with this suggestion due to running a food truck and needing to have a clear descriptor of the truck. However if you are open for 3 hours, that is 6 times you have to replace the scene. It disturbs role-playing and is a rather large inconvenience. I have suggested 3 hours max, as this is the max time for businesses to be open in one day and therefore useful to business owners and employees so they don't have to worry about it on top of their (often busy and stressful) rp.

Edited by AtzerriGold
  • Upvote 2

Only issue with the minimum amount of time being half an hour, it restricts shorter scenes from being created, but +1. If this or a similar idea is implemented would save owners a lot of hassle, especially if the business gets busy. 

Edited by MilkManMac
44 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

Scenes are meant for quick "scenes" so making them last for 2-4hours makes no sense you got a CIM for that. Ill see what the max time is but I could make it max 2hours =120mins

That would be great and much appreciated as for lasting scenes, it'd lessen maintenance effort.

Keep in mind while cim's can also transmit information or an image even, they work fundamentally different in the player reception:

To a cim I have to walk up to inspect it- and if it says "You shouldn't have stepped this far as you are trespassing private property, violators will be shot", then the cim placed does the opposite of what the ic sign means to- make me move up opposed to scare me off.

In theory without example, /createscene is fundamentally better for anything that one would easily spot while passing by from a little distance, whereas /cims are more suitable for stuff one would indeed have to inspect from close distance ic.

As such, while also using cims, I much more often rely on /createscene for dynamic roleplay scenes as that allows to describe also for people NOT walking right in ("It looks like the cars crashed into each other" etc.)

Obviously, such scenes too can take longer than 30 minutes, I think 120 minutes is a fairly good timespan. Once in 2 hours someone will find time to renew it if it's really mandatory to keep it up.

• Applaud 1

it has a max of 30 minutes now, that always proved a bit short during stuff like FD scenes. I don't think the unit has to be changed to X number of half hours but the maximum could be a little higher. CIM isn't the same as you have to walk over the marker to see what's up.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic