No more PK wars - Wars should be serious/last resort

KFN

+1 I hate when everyone roleplays a hardass who will up the gun at the slightest inconvenience, and hopefully this shapes the illegal scene to be more realistic.

1: You beat my homie so now im going to kill you

2: ah you killed my homie, now I will mow down your whole faction

3: aha you didnt kill all of us, time for me to go kill YOUR faction!

rinse and repeat. fuck all that

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, ZaE said:

Let me start by saying I am not entirely against this, I just think theres other ways to fix the problem with wars, and I'm just concered for how it would work with Gang Roleplay, and that it would spiral down hill and be abused by factions, which would cause multiple CK appeals that take weeks, multiple factions closing all the time because "they were wiped out IC!" when that makes no sense realistically, gangs are huge. And multiple reports that will stress IFM out, they have enough on their plate, let them breathe.

I think instead of just removing PK wars and jumping to CK wars that will still end toxic...people will just camp in interiors during wars, limiting the roleplay they can do and only pop out when they have somebody scout the enemy faction.

Instead of removing PK wars and jumping to CK only? How about we fix and promote peaceful PK wars, and lower down the toxicity between faction to faction?

Further more...

CK-Only wars for gang roleplay would cause multiple factions to be closed over and over again, and people would just stop gang roleplay entirely, just because an unofficial group beefs one of their IRL rivals which is official (example: if Denver Lanes was unofficial, and warred 90s) they shouldn't be "afraid" to beef them because they are official, they beef IRL. This CK-Only war shit should be only for things that aren't gang roleplay, we need long lasting black, mexican and asian gangs. Not factions that get wiped down by three AKs and a pistol and forced to close their faction down once they get 10+ player blockwiped every 3 days.

PK wars are needed for gang roleplay specifically because if not, factions would get wiped out IC back and forward to the point theres no point to make a faction, and you wouldn't be able to war anybody.

All of the wars my faction (Harvard Park Brims) have had, we have had long-lasting wars with some CKs and 24 Hour PKs to keep things flowing, the CKs were people that did the heaviest amount of beef roleplay and the heaviest amount of dissing, the 24 hour PKs are put in place to avoid flexing PK lists and just enjoying the roleplay, however all of our wars have been POP SHOT ONLY. 

I think Pop Shot only wars should be the meta for gang roleplay. Let me elaborate on how they work with this small paragraph that I scooped from @Cuete's 90s discord.

This is the best kind of war, a pop shot war with some CKs if the roleplay warrants it, not the ability to CK anybody that roleplays in a faction during a war just because, which I fear would happen because gang roleplay itself has its bad apples that blockwipe. Blockwipe CK wars? Please no. And it WILL happen. You could say report it and yes, I agree. But who likes to wait three weeks for a report to be handled, or worse a month just for a faction to be taken down for some DMey shit? IFM has enough on their plate, I doubt they have time to deal with 2x the amount of reports.

If this was implemented it would promote a short-lasting gang roleplay scene, or would just kill it entirely, I don't think the administration on the server nor IFM themselves could handle the amount of chaos this would bring. Not that they don't have good control over things so far, but I think this would add too much onto their plate that couldn't be managed. We still got reports in the pending reports section from 4 months ago, imagine the stress THIS would bring. Wars should be a very serious thing in some areas of roleplay, but in the gang world IRL? People will go to war with other gangs over bitches, twitter comments, photos, literally anything. As said before this would promote short-lasting factions and not long-lasting gang factions, as well as end in toxicity like everything else that was added in an attempt to make things "better". It's a good suggestion for faction concepts outside of gang roleplay, like MCs and what not. But for gangs? This is just not it.

But hey,  that's what most people want, a dead gang scene...

40 minutes ago, ZaE said:

But hey,  that's what most people want, a dead gang scene...

My brother in Christ I do not want a dead gang scene, not every alteration that includes a people dying in gangs is necessarily a war, there is a difference between a Skirmish and an actual war. Actual wars are there to change the status-quo/take over turf/other stuff along those lines. When you are going out to kill people over general beef it is typically a skirmish, stuff like that can still be PK's.

• Upvote 1