No more PK wars - Wars should be serious/last resort

KFN

17 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

don’t get yourselves into major conflicts if you can avoid it.

So a small faction should avoid beefing their IRL rivals that have a couple more members then then because if not they will get blockwiped by 5 people, all 30 of them on the hlock die and now the faction is dead because ICly it was wiped out and they have to close? 

this is suggestion is horrible and you all are wasting time, this would never and should never get accepted, if this was the case then everybdeath should be a ck 🤷🏽‍♂️ Including citizens shooting their PFs and cops (not a Davis roleplayer aghhgh! I roleplay a cop too) that 1v4 people suould be CKed 🙏🏽

Edited by ZaE
Just now, KFN said:

Jkoscar era was a pretty good resurgence, died again under Growncool7 tho 😞

me and jkoscar invented stacking together at the x-101st recruitment centre... 9 years later he's president... my president...

4 minutes ago, ZaE said:

So a small faction should avoid beefing their IRL rivals that have a couple more members then then because if not they will get blockwiped by 5 people, all 30 of them on the hlock die and now the faction is dead because ICly it was wiped out and they have to close? 

this is suggestion is horrible and you all are wasting time, this would never and should never get accepted, if this was the case then everybdeath should be a ck 🤷🏽‍♂️ Including citizens shooting their PFs and cops (not a Davis roleplayer aghhgh! I roleplay a cop too) that 1v4 people suould be CKed 🙏🏽

And let me elaborate on this further. 

I think of player and character kill wars are necessity to illegal role-play. If There is a lot of development between two characters in the reason why they are rivaling? Or perhaps the beef between both of them have gone too far to the point where if it was a player kill it wouldn’t make any sense then a character kill should be warranted to both of them if they die from the other.. what this suggestion feels to realize is that there are locals and soldiers and people within the gang or affection that might not be a gang that are not directly involved in the war but due to them being in the faction they are now technically involved in the war, these people would lose their characters over and over again and have to pay for name changes all because of the way that the DMing in wars is on the server

not everybody that plays grand theft auto world has the money to get a character name change every other week especially if we add this rule to gang rol play only. And I highly doubt that anybody that manages the way donations are set up on the server would allow name changes to be a free thing because they shouldn’t be. Character kill war should be set up between faction faction, and it should be an optimal choice if they want to play the PK War or  character kill war within their faction.

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, ZaE said:

Or perhaps the beef between both of them have gone too far to the point where if it was a player kill it wouldn’t make any sense then a character kill should be warranted to both of them if they die from the other

My friend this is not really a reason to start a faction-faction war, if it is personal beef deal with it on a personal level (whether that's murder or just beating them up etc), don't escalate to a war that could potentially risk your faction/other members.

8 minutes ago, ZaE said:

what this suggestion feels to realize is that there are locals and soldiers and people within the gang or affection that might not be a gang that are not directly involved in the war but due to them being in the faction they are now technically involved in the war

No this suggestion does realise that, but that doesn't change whether its a PK or a CK one. This suggestion as I have said many times before isn't going to make CK wars more common, it's going to reduce the number of wars we have full-stop as factions won't (hopefully) cause wars over petty-beef anymore due to the lack of an ability to do a PK war.

14 minutes ago, KFN said:

My friend this is not really a reason to start a faction-faction war, if it is personal beef deal with it on a personal level (whether that's murder or just beating them up etc), don't escalate to a war that could potentially risk your faction/other members.

Step into gang roleplay before saying what their wars should be started by, not being rude I know you’re an incredible roleplayer but I’m just saying. Gangs war IRL over literal Twitter comments, and gang roleplay thrives off hood beef between factions and community feelings. 

Outside wars that aren’t gangs? I  agree with this suggestion. Gang RP? Let it be the way it is or factions would come and go every month.

Edited by ZaE

Heavily supported. Should force players to take wars more seriously as a last resort option to resolve conflict. +1.

I'm going to toss in, here, that gang wars often last years to decades, in real life. They often murder 1-2 opps a year based on PERSONAL CONFLICT that arises during these wars. This ruling would actually boost the quality of escalation, even further. Those that don't over-escalate situations? It wouldn't affect them, anyway.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

I don't have to be a chef to know if a meal tastes likes shit.

I know it seems to be a common misconception on the server that every single war that goes on and gang role plays absolutely horrible and terrible, but I assure you it’s not. In the recent weeks most factions have begun to make terms between each other to avoid unrealistic and poorly escalated situations from happening during a war, this in turn makes the rivalry and beefing more fluent and realistic for all of the player base and all of the faction. Most of the things that you guys see within Davis that showcase poor escalation and random shootings and all of these extremely poorly role-played things come from outside people of the community just now stepping into Davis and in return makes all of Davis look as if it operates like this.

there are plenty of factions applying loads of pressure and Davis.  And plenty of factions that are providing realistic beef between each other. To be completely honest I’m not sure how Davis is still seeing as chaotic when most of the fashions that are out right now are bloods and there isn’t too many Crips or Hoover’s to beef, and most of the police scenes I ever responded to consisting of corpses and shootings have been random people I’ve never even seen. 

PK wars are needed for gang role-play, with the exception of some CKs happening if leadership warrants it. I heavily encourage a lot of gang factions to participate in Pop shot wars, these type of wars are not aiming to down or kill any member of the opposing faction you were strictly sending a few shots to give them the benefit of role-play and role playing their injuries. These type of wars are much more entertaining and fun for all players around.

Edited by ZaE