Fake firearms

Support. Except for a few things:

On 5/19/2022 at 6:32 AM, imDaniellll said:

These should be able to be obtained by illegal roleplayers, mainly to be used for robberies and other armed crimes where you don't need to shoot.

They should be able to be obtained by ANY player. Why just illegals? They're literally replicas, anyone can make or buy one.

only upon inspection/examination the PD or others would be able to see that the gun is fake.

Just have the name of the item be "replica [X model]", and ANYONE should be able to see that name, not just PD or "others", whoever that may be if it isn't just everyone else.

I think the jail-term for possessing a fake firearm should be shorter than the jail-term  for illegally possessing a real gun.

IC issue - either way IRL, threatening someone with a fake firearm that a person would reasonably believe is a real firearm, will get you charged as if it was a real firearm - this is pretty much the case in every state, including ours.

"605. Brandishing a Firearm (F)

Any person(s) who is pointing, holding or brandishing a firearm, air or gas-operated weapon or object similar. It doesn't matter whether the firearm or object is capable of being fired; any person using the firearm or object in such manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another, or inducing fear in the mind of others of being shot or injured."

Other than those, I support.

While we're at it, can we make it so people can equip guns even if they have no ammo, bundled into this suggestion? I have no idea why that's a thing.

• Upvote 1

No thanks. I can't imagine it being used for anything other than noobish fuckery.

Literally everyone in the world will be packing pretend-heat and brandishing every time someone pisses them off.

The only-slightly-difficult to access gun market does a good job of weeding out the absolute braindeads who shouldn't have a firearm. Don't give them a method of obtaining one.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2
6 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

On a server that already has poor escalation and far too much gun homicide I really don't see how adding more firearms ( admittedly fake ) is a good idea.

How can you kill someone with a fake gun that doesn’t shoot?

My suggesting was to lower the supply of real guns if fake guns were to be added. This should only decrease shootings if implemented correctly.

40 minutes ago, imDaniellll said:

How can you kill someone with a fake gun that doesn’t shoot?

My suggesting was to lower the supply of real guns if fake guns were to be added. This should only decrease shootings if implemented correctly.

You pull fake gun, the guy pulls real gun