Disable Looting Corpses for Non-Government Factions Outside

Wisci

1 hour ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

you do. what they're suggesting here is that you wouldn't be able do it anymore so that's my issue with this suggestion. 

The suggestion is about taking a gun off a dead person, not someone who's alive. If your friend is still alive and you want to save them from a gun charge, get them to give you their weapon.

There's absolutely 0 reason why anyone would realistically descend upon their dead friends to take their kush or guns. Even today, I arrived at this random scene in Davis to find three bodies, completely clean. There was blood, casings, shot-up cars but absolutely nothing on none of the bodies. It's extremely unrealistic, it feels like we're playing PUBG, for rea. 

I heavily support this. The vast majority of situations where looting happens are either rule-breaks or simply unrealistic.

16 hours ago, Wisci said:
  • On-duty administrators receive a notification when someone who is injured or deceased gives another player or drops an item.
  • When a character has performed /acceptdeath outside and not in an interior, the items can only be picked up by law enforcement, coroners, or the fire department.

To clarify for the confusion, this only would prevent looting went the character has accepted death (body turns into a corpse, player teleports to hospital). If you are still present in the ragdoll state you would be able to giveitem, the only addition to that being the request for admins to get prompted when this occurs.

I like the idea, and think it would be good to implement.

As has been clarified, you would still be able to give items to other players if you were not yet scriptwise dead, so it still allows some wiggle room to roleplay giving items while you're down, but it prevents the constant looting that has sadly become commonplace. While it may affect a few rare cases negatively, I believe the benefits heavily outweigh the negatives.

Kinda seems a bit RPG like forcing players to not be able to loot a body although allowing government factions. If this gets implemented I'd say only DMEC should be able to search a body for items or Detectives. Reason being? I recall being in SD and multiple Deputies keeping items they would loot off of a body because they were "cool" etc, this goes both ways. 

Ordinarily I'm not really for giving one side of the legal/illegal roleplay sphere more power than the other, especially when I'm firmly on one side of that scale.

But today there was a massive shoot-out that kicked off when two dirt-bike hitmen used an automatic to spray down someone in full view of two staffed police cars in a traffic stop. They got immediately flat-lined, play stupid games win stupid prizes - but then all their buddies in a full block radius took it upon themselves to engage the cops after they already killed the hitmen.

In the middle of all the action - there's literally six people engaged in a firefight, people calling for backup, more and more cars showing up, other cars peeling away prompting vehicle pursuits - in the middle of the street at one of the dead hitmen, there's this.

xQ2DUhf.png

Does this shit seem right in an active firefight between multiple LEOs and other criminals?

It's just stupid. It's not realistic, it's not good character portrayal, it's purely item whoring.

So yeah, if there's ways we can find to make people stop being so loot crazy, I'm all for it.

Edited by Jain
1 hour ago, Jain said:

Ordinarily I'm not really for giving one side of the legal/illegal roleplay sphere more power than the other, especially when I'm firmly on one side of that scale.

But today there was a massive shoot-out that kicked off when two dirt-bike hitmen used an automatic to spray down someone in full view of two staffed police cars in a traffic stop. They got immediately flat-lined, play stupid games win stupid prizes - but then all their buddies in a full block radius took it upon themselves to engage the cops after they already killed the hitmen.

In the middle of all the action - there's literally six people engaged in a firefight, people calling for backup, more and more cars showing up, other cars peeling away prompting vehicle pursuits - in the middle of the street at one of the dead hitmen, there's this.

xQ2DUhf.png

Does this shit seem right in an active firefight between multiple LEOs and other criminals?

It's just stupid. It's not realistic, it's not good character portrayal, it's purely item whoring.

So yeah, if there's ways we can find to make people stop being so loot crazy, I'm all for it.

There's a lot of things that aren't realistic, although when you weigh out the crime in the city, it's actually pretty realistic. Criminals don't care about the police and if they're related to the person / in the same gang and they see you shoot their friend down or attempt to arrest their friend, of course they're going to retaliate especially when they see you outnumbered. Being in a law enforcement faction doesn't grant you a "you cant shoot at me, i'm a cop" card. Especially taking into consideration how many homicides happen on the daily on the server and even more so when you're attempting to arrest their friend on a murder charge / shoot them. 

Edited by LoLo.Jpg
4 minutes ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

There's a lot of things that aren't realistic, although when you weigh out the crime in the city, it's actually pretty realistic. Criminals don't care about the police and if they're related to the person / in the same gang and they see you shoot their friend down or attempt to arrest their friend, of course they're going to retaliate especially when they see you outnumbered. Being in a law enforcement faction doesn't grant you a "you cant shoot at me, i'm a cop" card. Especially taking into consideration how many homicides happen on the daily on the server and even more so when you're attempting to arrest their friend on a murder charge / shoot them. 

I'm not saying people can't shoot at cops. I never implied that.

But there's a literal active gunfight and these two people are briefly prioritizing keeping their guns.

Of course this is a rule-break in itself but it's more to do with the 'get the script items!' mentality that's rampant.