The Off-road Motorcycle issue

Shaushe

2 hours ago, Marksman said:

That's a GTA limitation, not Rage. You can't swap tire tread on bikes period.

An off road bike is an off road bike. There is no question. There are various types of bikes. Off-road is one of them. The surface it's intended to be used on.

A Dual sport bike is both.  It's in the name.

If the treads bother people that much, anyone with a motorcycle could take it to the garage and request them to put off-road tires on it.

Or just do it themselves.

Just because it can't be done script wise, doesn't mean it's wrong.

34 minutes ago, MChavera said:

A Dual sport bike is both.  It's in the name.

If the treads bother people that much, anyone with a motorcycle could take it to the garage and request them to put off-road tires on it.

Or just do it themselves.

Just because it can't be done script wise, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you aren't able to change the tires on motorcycles, or any other cars for that matter. Only the rims can be changed (and it's limited at that).

Edit: Just re-read your post, sorry I need to pay attention.

Edited by icarusfeather
  • Upvote 1

I've only ever ridden off-road on two of my bikes, a 1983 Kawasaki Z400 bobber and a 2012 Suzuki GSXR 600, both performed fine down dirt roads and on grassy hills. This phallacy that you cannot take a two wheeled vehicle off a paved road is preposterous.

Two wheels are actually more stable and provide better traction on loose ground than four. Of course hitting grass over 50mph is still gonna cause you trouble, not to mention cornering but to me these type of complaints over rules normally stem from police roleplayers not happy they lost a suspect.

43 minutes ago, Dyff said:

I've only ever ridden off-road on two of my bikes, a 1983 Kawasaki Z400 bobber and a 2012 Suzuki GSXR 600, both performed fine down dirt roads and on grassy hills. This phallacy that you cannot take a two wheeled vehicle off a paved road is preposterous.

Two wheels are actually more stable and provide better traction on loose ground than four. Of course hitting grass over 50mph is still gonna cause you trouble, not to mention cornering but to me these type of complaints over rules normally stem from police roleplayers not happy they lost a suspect.

I think the OP was complaining about unrealistic offroading in unfit bikes like their first gif showed, and not just taking a chopper on dirt.

21 minutes ago, MChavera said:

I think the OP was complaining about unrealistic offroading in unfit bikes like their first gif showed, and not just taking a chopper on dirt.

I feel that would come under general RP driving. You have to remember that all the cars in GTA V are designed to work on every terrain, unlike real life where a lot of sports car couldn't drop off a kerb without wrecking the udnerside of the sump or ripping off the exhaust.

The Kawi is a chop, the GSXR is a Japanese sports bike, both perform similarly on dirt roads and grass.

While I was apart of the LSPD - nearly throughout the entire year - I noticed this type of behavior during pursuits occasionally. There's been plenty of discussion regarding different types of street bikes and off-road vehicles that may be able to achieve this feat (driving uphill at ridiculous inclines), although I believe that's irrelevant at this time.

The root of the issue here is certain players still displaying a play-to-win mentality to avoid the consequences of police. I may be biased in this matter, but how can one actually justify the driver's actions in the video OP posted? The only real argument I keep seeing is: "well my bike possesses x, y, z"  -- we're not playing on a light-roleplay server and since when did almost every player possess Grand Prix-level driving skills?