Scriptwise Illegal Jobs

latenight

Detailed Description: There are multiple jobs for making money in legit ways which don't apply for the criminals in a realistic manner. We have tugboat fishing, hunting, rod fishing, taxi driving, trucking, 24/7 stores and ammunations. All which supported by scripts and let people make decent money without really spending too much effort(which is more than fine). But in my opinion illegal roleplayers have so few choices to make IG money. 

I know many people will say that this is no RPG server etc. but I think having some scriptwise jobs without the need of excessive player interaction could be refreshing.

Burglary system: Just like trucking, we can get some boxes with different colours from random houses and load them then sell them to some place, however the house owner won't lose anything and we can put a long (10-12hr) cooldown on the system so It won't be abused.

Illegal Trucking/Smuggling - Think about smuggled goods, again different coloured boxes so PD/SD and basically anyone can identify it being illegal. We can get them from edges of the map, as in borders or the docks, then we can supply the businesses(If they request) or other spots.

NPC Drug Dropping - A job which we will need to drop X amount of meth, Y amount of weed etc. to some place, and again we can have cooldowns for this job. So you can do this job If you're a supplier or a person that can easily obtain drugs OR just a regular lone-wolf that can get drugs from gangs and supply the NPC by yourself.

Relevant Commands/Items: Depends on the job

How will it benefit the server?: The players on the server are already well behaving and the server itself is mature/developed enough to handle these scriptwise jobs without having shitload of people just running around commiting illegal activites. Also, every job that I suggested is balanced enough for law enforcement to catch them. I definetely understand the current system which we need an admind permission to perform certain illegal activities but these activities are the main source of income for most criminals. So I think we need some soft-illegal scriptwise jobs which criminals can do by themselves without involving the admins and still making decent money.

As I said, I really wonder your opinions on this, especially illegal roleplayers.

If they're properly introduced, I think it would be a good idea. I personally think that the illegal trucking concept is a great one - it could be changed so that the amount of weapons/drugs/stuff suppliers are given can also depend on how many components they have (in warehouses or whatever), which would, in turn, push people towards organizing transports etc. I think that this would be a great idea, if implemented properly.

The other two, though, I am heavily against. There's no way to incorporate NPCs in illegal role-play in that way - selling drugs to inexistent entities and robbing random houses for nothing but getting money. The next step would be to use /rob anywhere and get money, then role-play it as robbing an NPC. Towards this part of the suggestion, I'm leavinig heavily against.

Not everything needs a script, everything you mentioned is already possible through IFM or a simple request in game, which then is supervised by admins. While many don't like the idea of being supervised and having to be watched all the time while committing such crimes, I think it's for the best to prevent rule-breaking and obviously people doing it just for the sake of doing it without any proper RP. 

7 hours ago, latenight said:

Burglary system: Just like trucking, we can get some boxes with different colours from random houses and load them then sell them to some place, however the house owner won't lose anything and we can put a long (10-12hr) cooldown on the system so It won't be abused.

There was a point where this was seriously considered. I believe some mentions made it onto the server already. In the sense of, having different options for burglary. Either being able to rob a property's inventory, or being able to collect generated items of value, like a TV or something, which could later be sold off. I think there is some sense in bringing this idea back to life.

• Wuhtah locked this topic