Trucking License & self-employment

AVAR

Short description: Remove the 20% Independant trucking tax & create a truckinglicense

Detailed description:   

1. Point1: Example As an Independant Trucker who bought a 160.000$ Vehicle by himself, has to pay gas money by himself and insurance you also have to pay 20% tax for each crate. When you join a Company you don't have none of these problems you only pay like 7% to the company. That's not realistic/fair in anyway, please get rid of it.
  2. Point 2: We also should create a type of Trucking License - if it's a player owned school like Blaine Aviation or scriptwise, there are just to many stupid truckers who drive like they would be in a GTA:Online Lobby to get as much cash per hour as possible, I think a license like this would improve that really well.

Commands to add: /

Items to add:  Trucker School/License

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would reduce the amount of Non-RP truckers and also It would increase the desire of the self-employed truckers.

Additional information: /

Edited by AVAR

The 20% tax is in place because the server wants to promote roleplay with trucking companies rather than freelancing. In real life driving your own truck by yourself as a freelance trucker is not as common as you might think, the tax does a good job with preventing that.

Trucking companies pay for maintenance, fuel, insurance, and takes less of a cut, on top of that they also offer roleplay around a lot of other things you won't get by driving your own truck. There's really no reason to not join one if you want to be a trucker.

2 hours ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

The 20% tax is in place because the server wants to promote roleplay with trucking companies rather than freelancing. In real life driving your own truck by yourself as a freelance trucker is not as common as you might think, the tax does a good job with preventing that.

Trucking companies pay for maintenance, fuel, insurance, and takes less of a cut, on top of that they also offer roleplay around a lot of other things you won't get by driving your own truck. There's really no reason to not join one if you want to be a trucker.

Sorry, can you supply a source on that?

America Keeps on Truckin’ (census.gov) This points to a completely different conclusion on that matter.

Independent Truckers Earn More Than Company Drivers | Trucks.com

Independent Owner Operator Statistics for the U.S. | GlobeCon (globeconfreight.com)

It is quite common and they make more, not less, so your entire point is wrong, unless you can come up with a good source that proves all these wrong.

Simple fact is that the way trucking is set up on the server has little to nothing to do with roleplay as it stands, people interested in portraying an actual trucker don't care about the speed of deliveries, but are heavily hindered by a limiting script.

1 hour ago, Triple Seven said:

It is quite common and they make more, not less, so your entire point is wrong, unless you can come up with a good source that proves all these wrong.

I never claimed freelance truckers make less.

What I said was "the server wants to promote roleplay with trucking companies rather than freelancing," which is exactly why this script limitation was put in place. If people keep 100% of their income driving their own trucks (more realistic, I agree), people will just buy their own trucks and trucking companies will cease to exist.

1 hour ago, Triple Seven said:

Simple fact is that the way trucking is set up on the server has little to nothing to do with roleplay as it stands

This isn't the point of this suggestion, you are also stereotyping the whole group just because you saw a few people, often new players, rushing deliveries to grind money. As a matter of fact, quite a few trucking companies provide good roleplay. IMEX is a good example:

On 9/17/2021 at 10:45 AM, AVAR said:

Point1:  Example As an Independant Trucker who bought a 160.000$ Vehicle by himself, has to pay gas money by himself and insurance you also have to pay 20% tax for each crate. When you join a Company you don't have none of these problems you only pay like 7% to the company. That's not realistic/fair in anyway, please get rid of it.

The point of this tax is to create more RP for trucking companies and encourage people to join them. It’s already difficult to hire long term truckers for us. Most of who we can hire, are newbies who work for one week, realize the job is grindy and boring, then suddenly going AWOL. There aren’t too many people playing characters who want to be long term truckers as their career. If this tax was removed and independent truckers make 100%, that’ll destroy the trucking companies on the server. Who would work for us when they can work independently and keep 100% of their money? Finding and hiring new drivers would become almost impossible. Before you know it, the entire server would become full of independent truckers who don’t wear proper uniforms and possibly don’t RP as well. Wouldn’t that just destroy everyone else’s immersion? 

On 9/17/2021 at 10:45 AM, AVAR said:

.Point 2: We also should create a type of Trucking License - if it's a player owned school like Blaine Aviation or scriptwise, there are just to many stupid truckers who drive like they would be in a GTA:Online Lobby to get as much cash per hour as possible, I think a license like this would improve that really well.

My character’s been trucking for 6 months now. I have seen hundreds of different drivers at this point, from both independent and companies drivers. I can only count maybe a few drivers, less than a dozen, who were driving like it was GTA Online. Not all of us are speeders racing all over the place trying to grind money. Not all of us are truckers solely for the money. Those guys aren’t as common as you think. Almost everyone I’ve come across have been good RPers. They roleplay their pickups and drop offs. They drive like regular citizens. Maybe they skip a light or speed sometimes, but that’s an IC decision to do so. I have been trucking for a while and personally, I don’t see that many of those “GTA Online driving, money grinder truckers”. 

Also, this doesn’t explain how a license would help. We have drivers licenses already and… We still have many many people driving like it’s fast and furious. Don’t know how a trucking license would help.

And also also, a trucking license would make it harder to become trucker would it? How is that a good thing? Again, it’ll make it harder for companies to now find licensed drivers. And the server already has a problem of not enough truckers doing the job to supply to businesses. It’s why mechanic garages are barely opening nowadays. It’s not a good idea to make trucking a harder job to do. If we added licenses and new truckers would have to get that license and maintain a clean record to be a trucker, surely that would deter some people from being a trucker long term. That would mean overall less people doing trucking, meaning less truckers. Chances are, businesses, especially garages are gonna be even more starved for components.

Edited by ScarletRose
6 hours ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

I never claimed freelance truckers make less.

What I said was "the server wants to promote roleplay with trucking companies rather than freelancing," which is exactly why this script limitation was put in place. If people keep 100% of their income driving their own trucks (more realistic, I agree), people will just buy their own trucks and trucking companies will cease to exist.

well, I believe the aim of the server was always touted as realism. If trucking companies have nothing to offer than better pay, that’s the opposite of how it should be.

6 hours ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

This isn't the point of this suggestion, you are also stereotyping the whole group just because you saw a few people, often new players, rushing deliveries to grind money. As a matter of fact, quite a few trucking companies provide good roleplay. IMEX is a good example:

Quite the assumption that I mean driving standards, because I don’t (although, claiming it’s just a few that don’t properly drive is fine, but the few ruin the image of the rest then and I tried trucking a few months ago, it wasn’t a few so it must’ve changed).

I mean the horrific script that forces you to start with a van for 100 deliveries, before you can move on to another vehicle for god knows how many deliveries, and that system doesn’t even end in big rigs even if you choose to no-life deliveries (yes I know, sync issue, but it still ruins it)

• Wuhtah locked this topic