Script the lotto!

Vaper

The lottery isnt a money maker? Make it a low chance of winning? IRL it is not a money maker to buy  tickets.

On a server i played before there was one scripted in it and i played for years and i didnt even win once.

Seems like just a money maker.

No real roleplay involved in buying a ticket, yet holds the potential to pay out if you win.

Understandably that is the real life concept of the lottery, but I just don't think it would add anything constructive to the server.

I would be more for player organized and run raffles or something along those lines, for sums of cash or cars, rather than a scripted in lottery system.

1 hour ago, Benelli said:

Let players do it themselves as it's always been happening, or create your own. No need to add scripts or monopolize it.

Exactly. I'm planning a classic/muscle car show soon with the hopes of raffling off a car at the end. 

That's the type of lottery we should have. 

If there is a lottery in game it should be fully funded ICly. Not 'money from god'

On 6/27/2021 at 6:40 PM, Hankton said:

Exactly. I'm planning a classic/muscle car show soon with the hopes of raffling off a car at the end. 

That's the type of lottery we should have. 

If there is a lottery in game it should be fully funded ICly. Not 'money from god'

Its not money from god it is the money that everyone paid icly.

1 hour ago, Storm said:

THE LOTTERY STARTS IN 5 MINUTES. PLEASE GET A LOTTERY TICKET AT ANY 24/7...

Thank you for resurfacing those SAMP memories lmao.

I did win it once, though, that was fun, but don't think its a necessary addition.

Edited by MAK0

We don't need this. There's plenty of ways to make money on the server as is. As mentioned by someone above, a player owned business could facilitate this lottery. A hard coded script that handles this is kind of RPGish and is a throwback to the NGG days on SAMP.

• Wuhtah locked this topic