Allowing other players' /ame to show in chat.

Coburn

Short description: Allowing people to toggle whether /ame's appear on the chat instead of just over people's heads.

Detailed description: I've seen a trend of people who overuse /ame, whether it's 5 of them in short succession, or a novel, the /ame's are quick to disappear before you get a chance to read it, or you just have the wrong angle on screen.

I'm proposing a thing like /toggleame, allowing you to enable or disable having /ame's appear in your chat as well.

I just need to specify, regardless of what /toggleame is used, ame's still appear over the heads of people performing the command, the option is just whether or not to also display it in chat.

Commands to add:  /toggleame

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would ensure that no /ame goes AWOL, allowing players to get the full story that they might otherwise have missed. Would be a small quality of life improvement.

Additional information:

Edited by Coburn
  • Upvote 2

I do like the idea of toggling option - for those who want to keep it as it is to have it off, and for people who don't always have the camera panned correctly or look at something else during RP and will miss lines, especially when people write the length of actual /me's, to have it on.

Edited by ateez
  • Upvote 1
Just now, ateez said:

I do like the idea of toggling option - for those who want to keep it as it is to have it off, and for people who don't always have the camera panned correctly or look at something else during RP and will miss lines, especially when people write the length of actual /me's, to have it on.

11 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

In my opinion I think an /ame should always be visible like a standard /ame, but when toggled on it will also be visible in the chat like a /me.

Yeah, fixed that in my suggestion to make it clearer.

• Wuhtah locked this topic