Geographical placement of gangs.

Rushing

2 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Did you actually read what I posted? Or should I help you? I have no issues with gangs popping in areas, just don't act like they always been there, when they weren't. Let me use Hillside as an example, not even 2 weeks after, new guys are popping up, my chars always knew the area as the Hillside. Now should I pretend it never happened?

Hillside was the controlling gang and you can RP it as such. They went defunct and another varrio is taking over, simple. 

With your logic, I should base every new faction’s backstory off every single old faction that occupied the same hood. 

See the issue here is also the fact that new gangs don't just open in 2021. We're past that era when they'd open and start establishing their sets and actively recruiting people both on the streets and in the prison system. The vast majority of LA gangs in 2021 are some well-established (in certain cases even past their greatness) sets and new sets don't really open like this. So then you're left with the choice to either rp a real life gang and have your own backstory or make up some fictional shit which then again doesn't make any sense cause gangs don't really "open" or even work this way.

1 minute ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

See the issue here is also the fact that new gangs don't just open in 2021. We're past that era when they'd open and start establishing their sets and actively recruiting people both on the streets and in the prison system. The vast majority of LA gangs in 2021 are some well-established (in certain cases even past their greatness) sets and new sets don't really open like this. So then you're left with the choice to either rp a real life gang and have your own backstory or make up some fictional shit which then again doesn't make any sense cause gangs don't really "open" or even work this way.

That is my point actually, it's roleplay it's fine, but people create too many factions, I meant this of course, that one day there are asians, next day they shut down to make space for something else, while some other characters live there their entire lives.

Just now, Engelbert said:

That is my point actually, it's roleplay it's fine, but people create too many factions, I meant this of course, that one day there are asians, next day they shut down to make space for something else, while some other characters live there their entire lives.

Okay and what does this prove? They can roleplay as long as they only want to but it doesn't change the fact that there has to be a compromise somewhere & claiming that people should roleplay their gangs from the very beginning is simply bullshit.

7 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

So then you're left with the choice to either rp a real life gang and have your own backstory or make up some fictional shit which then again doesn't make any sense cause gangs don't really "open" or even work this way.

I don't think anyone would fault you for the latter - for all the inconsistencies on the server, that's pretty minor. It's all fiction at the end of the day and I don't think conceptual elitism is serving us well.

Unless we want everyone to turn in their RL resume to prove whether or not they know what they're talking about on a subject like law, medicine, etc. It'd realistically take way too long for a gang to actually form, but showing up one day and pretending you were always there is square brain shit too. There's a healthy medium in there somewhere; we can disagree about where it is, but at least that's a more understandable discussion to have.

Server needs a healthy dose of leave people alone and let them RP what they want.

Case in point, scroll up.

Edited by Smilesville
Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Can you like you know provide some evidence that somebody has ever forced you to acknowledge that they are an old gang or something?

This is point I literally just made - that it shouldn't happen, and isn't acceptable if it did.

I don't know what else to tell you. You're arguing just to argue.

2 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

This is point I literally just made - that it shouldn't happen, and isn't acceptable if it did.

I don't know what else to tell you. You're arguing just to argue.

I mean it's you who hopped on this thread ranting about people forcing you to acknowledge their stories or something so I guess you're the one inciting drama here?

• Rohan. locked this topic