Breaking into cars

Street

Hello, the current way of breaking into vehicles is only through the means of using a lock-pick. However, in-real life, cars are stolen via broken windows and by prying doors open. I would like to hereby suggest a system that would allow criminals to pry doors open (of course, with appropriate alarm features, the vehicle would turn the alarm on). 

Another thing I would like to suggest is a system that allows criminals to access vehicles when the windows are open. This would make players more careful about leaving their windows open. 

Overall, I believe that the suggestion may benefit criminal role-players and bring more realism around vehicles.

A similar suggestion has been posted a couple weeks / months earlier. One main concern is the already high rate of vehicle break-ins, especially those with low quality for the sake of script gains similar to the unfortunate robbery meta (BF400, copy/paste emote auto win and the likes). Removing the barrier & gate keeper of the lockpick would give these individuals free reign and thus sooner or later restrictions for the entire server (e.g. admin supervision similar to house breakins). Unless these issues around script gain players are resolved, I see this suggestion going nowhere.

Something something "This is why we can't have nice things" or so.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Nothing is stopping people from roleplaying some other method. Lockpicking only acts as gatekeeper, for you to spend some time opening the car and its not even difficult. Infact people should be encouraged to roleplay something else than lockpicking. You can lockpick the car and then roleplay breaking it's window. If people got more scripted ways to do things, they wouldn't roleplay them.

I don't dispute that there should be some time barrier between the successful break in, however, the need of the lock pick in possession seems limiting to me. The illegal community should have more options when it comes to breaking into cars. Not all the cars are broken into smoothly and silently. 

15 hours ago, Engelbert said:

Nothing is stopping people from roleplaying some other method. Lockpicking only acts as gatekeeper, for you to spend some time opening the car and its not even difficult. Infact people should be encouraged to roleplay something else than lockpicking. You can lockpick the car and then roleplay breaking it's window. If people got more scripted ways to do things, they wouldn't roleplay them.

I suppose the problem there is that the lockpick costs a rather extortionate fee that not everyone is able to afford. Guns aren't really stashed in cars like they were on LS over here, so there should be some alternatives explored IMO. A market on lockpicks seems absurd and something that'll be looked back at with scorn later on in the life of this community.

• 1 month later...
  • Wuhtah locked this topic