New factions should HAVE to go through Unofficial Groups first

Goonbag

1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

If you're worried about bias, then adding 3-4 additional steps isn't going to change that. Who wants to move through so many hoops to become a faction? If your entire concept and roleplay are good enough, and there are no red flags, you can be accepted as a faction. This shouldn't be made more complex or even lengthier than it already is.

Because then that weeds out the groups that die within a week and have one member posting. If you want to run a faction you should (in my opinion) have to earn it.

Factions popping up and closing isn't inherently a bad thing. Though, adding an arbitrary process where the focus turns from RP to "becoming official", from experience leads to some factions lose motivation and their goal once its been achieved. 

The unofficial stage, I believe, is for those that simply want to showcase their roleplay while going through the application process. Whether that's a day or a year. 

Edited by Karner
3 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Unofficial Groups > Groups > Unofficial Factions > Factions > Mega Factions

This is a good way to do it. I think it would be good, because groups and factions are very different... and a group could be a clique or some shit, whilst a faction is a full force faction. Unofficial factions could be made like groups right now, and wouldn't have to apply for official if they don't choose to.

Plus, I've seen factions that have staff members, who always seem to get factions made instantly. I won't say names publicly, but both factions were street gangs; one in Rancho, and one in Vespucci. It's really sad that there's bias like this, since if it's like this for one, it should be like this for all. 

• Gore locked this topic