Resident Evil

I finished playing RE7 a few weeks ago. Played Resident Evil 3: Nemesis on my PS1. Been trying to get back into the RE saga overall lately.

I was wondering if anyone here played RE: Village yet? Recommended or not? (no spoilers obviously). And what are other RE games that anyone can recommend me too?

Discuss any Resident Evil-related content here!

Edited by Nighthawk179
  • Upvote 1

I own RE: Village. I'm halfway through the story and I'm loving it so far. It's very action-packed and horror delivered all-out. The graphics are crazy good, there's significant improvements in the gunplay and crafting from previous RE games and it has a familiar puzzle-solving aspect that is very present, much like its predecessors which is great, but can be a bit annoying sometimes in the sense that some puzzles are just ridiculously unnecessary. Overall, I'd say it's worth buying it and spending some time on it to experience the game by yourself.

• Upvote 1

Resident Evil Village..
Nothing I can say really describes how well they've done with this game.
The last fun game I've played from the R-E franchise was Resident Evil 2 for the PS1, haven't touched many since then.
From what I've played it's been more than a acceptation to the franchise.

The problems that I had with RE: Village was very specific with walking around, which is just terrible, I kept bumping into walls or invisible walls. The FOV in this game is just too narrow, and sometimes made me feel trapped, I'm not sure if it was a design choice, but they should give you an option to change it. While watching someone playing on twitch I was getting motion sick, but playing that problem didn't happen.

It's not as scary or intense as Resident Evil BioHazard from what I've seen what so ever, but this game does do justice.

RE8 is amazing. It's like RE7 + RE4. I agree with @Rum that it's not as intense, but I really like the action in it...even if the enemies are very obnoxious in Village of Shadows.

There are mods that fix the common issues I think, e.g. No flies on the sisters because they kill your FPS, and the FOV issue.

On 5/9/2021 at 1:16 PM, Shaderz said:

I own RE: Village. I'm halfway through the story and I'm loving it so far. It's very action-packed and horror delivered all-out. The graphics are crazy good, there's significant improvements in the gunplay and crafting from previous RE games and it has a familiar puzzle-solving aspect that is very present, much like its predecessors which is great, but can be a bit annoying sometimes in the sense that some puzzles are just ridiculously unnecessary. Overall, I'd say it's worth buying it and spending some time on it to experience the game by yourself.

I just finished the game so I'll just add a small update to this. The game's a super tense and thrilling game with an emotional and shocking ending and a compelling story that will most definitely surprise you sooner or later. It combines elements from both RE4 and RE7 as previously mentioned, and does so brilliantly. For me, it's the best title in the entire franchise and one of the best survival horror games in general.

i been resident evil fan since 2004, watched all the movies, i played RE1 to 5, i never liked 6-7-8 since i didnt feel like the story was the same nor the characters (except RE6 had leon, chris, ada wong, claire)

meh RE5 was the last best game they made since it had wesker in it

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...