Hunting Suggestion

Jorgensen

Short description:  A few fun additions to hunting, maybe?

Detailed description: 

Tracking:

The ability to track animals through checking for footprints (also maybe other players also leave tracks) and be able to identify the animal (would be awesome if there is going to be more than just boars and deer). Additionally pets (dogs) could assist in tracking animals (would give more incentive to use and roleplay with your dog). This could be balanced with a % chance to fail in the dog tracking a scent. 

Additional weather:

Addition of a windy condition whereas animals more easily become startled if hunting with the wind (animals being able to smell the player in a certain radius unless the player is hunting against the wind) would add the idea of having to play smart (this could also factor into other things on the server such as sailing and boats)

Binoculars:

Binoculars are a hunters best friend and at the moment players are restricted to using /camera, binoculars in real life are much more powerful in zoom than cameras. 

Sneaking:

Currently I dont believe crouching/sneaking is synced. But, sneaking would work in that players are able to get closer to an animal before the animal startles.

Rifle physics:

Currently, hunting is several shots in and row and you're golden. Recoil could work in that your aim is put slightly off center once having taken a shot unless you are in /proneaim which would make aiming easier as you are not carrying weight on your arms. But, also could be cool if you have to steady your shot beforehand and the perfect shot was not guaranteed.

Shots attract aggressors:

As we've seen, tommorow is adding coyotes and hopefully in the future we see wolves and mountain lions. Adding the idea that you have to be careful with how you shoot as it attracts aggressive wildlife would mean people have to be plan and be careful of their approach. 

Commands to add:  /trackanimal (for tracking with dogs), /footprints (for tracking animals or players on foot on mud/sand/dirt), /checkwind (to check strength and direction of wind)

Items to add:  binoculars to a store that suits them

How would your suggestion improve the server?  I believe it would add more additional layers to hunting in the ways you can do it and having to be mindful of things that you have to plan for and take into account in real life hunting. Not that hunting on the server isnt enjoyable now. I loved doing hunting on my character today. But, I feel like hunting could be amazing if built on.

Additional information:

Edited by KoishiKomeiji
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Seems like an interesting idea but this isn't a hunting sim.

Right, although this is a roleplay sever not a cops and robbers server so some variety wouldn’t hurt whatsoever. 

Definitely support these new additions! 

Hunting being at least a little more fleshed out than it currently is would be nice, having a larger variety of animals to hunt is at least a good place to start though in my opinion; things like birds ideally at a minimum.

It’d be nice too if the sale point for animal carcasses got changed as well so that they’re sold somewhere directly in Paleto Bay itself; it would bring an enormous revival to both the general player & economic activity of Paleto Bay if so.

Edited by TinPan