Co-ownership of cars

Take Over

5 hours ago, mj2002 said:

This has been suggested multiple times before. I'm still against this suggestion for the reason that this is exceptionally easy to exploit this feature on many levels. For much the same reasons, house ownership shouldn't be shared either.

• Dodging asset taxes
  • Dodging criminal responsibility
  • Dodging RPQM asset enforcement measures
  • Unrealistic asset ownership

For every couple that properly uses this feature to accurately portray sharing car keys, there will be 20 characters who find many ways to abuse this feature. This suggestion is not future proof. If car keys were a scripted item, that might be different story, but that's for a different discussion/suggestion thread.

But everything can be exploited to an extent, a lot of players share vehicles if they roleplay together and its incredibly tedious to spawn, and vdup each time the server crashes, the person crashes or a like. We have a great system to businessify vehicles, why can't we have one to share vehicles with people we roleplay with? It's absurd that everything has to be limited due to people exploiting things, just send out bans, make a statement that if its exploited it's gonna cost you and then the rest of us that actually want the feature can enjoy it?

While it would be more work for the admin team, most likely PM, perhaps a simple fix for the idea of abuse of vehicles could be that permanent vehicle sharing requires some form of application on the UCP. Explain why it's reasonable for the other character to have access to your vehicle, and set a limit that only two people can have access to the vehicle unless there is an extremely convincing reason for three. I, personally, would be fine with waiting an indeterminate amount of time to have the application reviewed and accepted for the quality of life addition.

1 minute ago, Shagglehod said:

While it would be more work for the admin team, most likely PM, perhaps a simple fix for the idea of abuse of vehicles could be that permanent vehicle sharing requires some form of application on the UCP. Explain why it's reasonable for the other character to have access to your vehicle, and set a limit that only two people can have access to the vehicle unless there is an extremely convincing reason for three. I, personally, would be fine with waiting an indeterminate amount of time to have the application reviewed and accepted for the quality of life addition.

No. No more paperwork, this is turning into a office workers wet dream. I'm here to roleplay and have fun. If I wanted endless forms to fill out, I'd just request something from my government in real life. Stop constantly suggesting more paperwork for both players and PM at this point its getting ridiculous. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic