Roleplay Enhancement Lectures.

Cici

Should Roleplay Enhancement Lectures be an extra alternative for administrative punishment?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should Roleplay Enhancement Lectures be an extra alternative for administrative punishment?

• Yes.
    • No.

This poll is closed to new votes

i don't play gta at all anymore but I enjoy reading the forums from time to time so hey fellas

the way I see this whole thing is: it should never be the duty of administration to educate/lecture players about roleplay. like you put it, it is a "heavy" roleplay server- those that decide to become a part of this community should step up their games instead of wasting the resources of staff

sure, it's always good to treat a rulebreaker/an inferior roleplayer with compassion and show them the better way - but turning this into an official process? it's barely different from spoonfeeding

my hate shield is activated

First thing’s first.  This is roleplay, nobody is superior or inferior to nobody.  Some people are just better at portraying a character and realism than others.  Doesn’t make anybody good or bad.  Two types of RPers, experienced and new.  

Then you got trollplayers.  People who say they can RP but actually could care less about the server or the roleplay in it.  Its the staff’s resonsibility to handle them.  People who come in and out of the server, or quit, just to come back and complain about the status of the server, or spread server propaganda in the discord, lol.

Now just to shorten and clear it up, staff don’t have to be the ones carrying out lectures.  Faction leaders who represent this server or just simply care enough about the direction it’s going can help.

This idea will not get rid of rulebreakers.  This suggestion will not help overt rulebreakers like some of the 3-4 time banned players on this server, that’s what the admins are for.  This isn’t an admin to player thing, it’s an alternative to administrative punishment at the discretion of admins.  Admins simply issue REL’s. It’ll at least lighten the load and it’ll slowly kill the trolling mentality.  Because trolls can’t handle lectures from real roleplayers. ;)

One last thing,  it would not be the admins duty to lecture.  It’d be the admin’s choice.  The admin can flag you for an REL if they want to explain things to you but don’t exactly have the time at that moment to give it.  Someone else can cover it.  

When it comes to setting the bar, or setting the standard, whatever you want to call it, this is definitely a step in the right direction. 

Edited by Cici
  • Applaud 1
On 23/02/2018 at 4:48 PM, Apache said:

Can't expect people who are in factions they enjoy to leave. People need to make new factions if they want more variety, or just roleplay whatever they want. 

They can't if an area isn't supported/scripted. Currently the trendy thing to do is go to bars and clubs in unrealistic settings, i.e. middle-aged in young/hip clubs.

There's not enough support for gang RP. Additionally, a lot of people aren't capable of roleplaying or properly replicating street gangs.

On 24/02/2018 at 0:19 PM, Bloodseeker said:

i don't play gta at all anymore but I enjoy reading the forums from time to time so hey fellas

the way I see this whole thing is: it should never be the duty of administration to educate/lecture players about roleplay. like you put it, it is a "heavy" roleplay server- those that decide to become a part of this community should step up their games instead of wasting the resources of staff

sure, it's always good to treat a rulebreaker/an inferior roleplayer with compassion and show them the better way - but turning this into an official process? it's barely different from spoonfeeding

agreed tbh

Another issue is that there will most likely be some nepotism. It leaves room for abuse, no matter who argues for this system.

• Upvote 1
On 2/24/2018 at 0:19 PM, Bloodseeker said:

agreed and i say this as someone who has been punished at least 7 times in this community, there's no telling how the receivers of these lectures will react to it as anyone can fake sincerity and pretend to take the advice/lecture to heart, and then leave unchanged

the only improvement i would ask for in the current punishment system is a real outline of the rules broken which might be a compromise between the current system and the idea to lecture people, because a vague ban reason can be very confusing

this isn't to say that players shouldn't advise other players, but it being an official process seems like a waste of resources and straying from more important issues with the server that need focus right now, issues that i may eventually make discussions and suggestions on

Edited by shaobadman
  • Apache locked this topic