Updating rules and perception around shooting in public areas / daylight / or near cameras

bonk

1 minute ago, Sixty said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is 100% wrong. Plenty of people have been punished for committing crime in an area where there would normally be civilians or a populated area.  That's why this entire thread was started because of the administration's stance on that based on time of day, how realistic the location is for committing crime, etc.

I feel like that's an incorrect statement, as I've seen admins agree that if a crime would happen there, it happened there.

3 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

I feel like that's an incorrect statement, as I've seen admins agree that if a crime would happen there, it happened there.

The city is to be role played as populated. Now to the bounds of how populated in which areas, that hasn't been established. However, Keane answered this question on the continuity questions and answered thread. You are not to RP as if there is no one there.

For reference:

Screenshot_2021-03-23 Continuity Questions Answers.png

Edited by Sixty

The city is to be role played as populated. Now to the bounds of how populated in which areas, that hasn't been established. However, Keane answered this question on the continuity questions and answered thread. You are not to RP as if there is no one there.

Screenshot_2021-03-23 Continuity Questions Answers.png

That reply doesn't say anything, other than the fact they'll be discussing it soon.

2 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

That reply doesn't say anything, other than the fact they'll be discussing it soon.

The first sentence literally says the city would be populated and that has been reflected in admin decisions in the past. That was in direct response to my question about whether or not the city should be RP'd as being populated (even if there is no one online). How are you missing that? Sure it hasn't been defined in specific areas, but the general gist is that you are to RP the city being populated. That's pretty obvious.

Edited by Sixty

The first sentence literally says the city would be populated and that has been reflected in admin decisions in the past. That was in direct response to my question about whether or not the city should be RP'd as being populated (even if there is no one online). How are you missing that?

Yes, "the city would be populated and that has been reflected in admin decisions in the past", it doesn't say "you need to pretend there's 10 civilians around you when they aren't actually there".

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

Going to need to see a link for this claim. The staff position has been almost universally against your assumption.

So you're telling me the staff openly say we should pretend to roleplay the existence of NPCs right next to you if there's nobody right near you? I bet you can't provide proof of that, with the exact words I said.

Just now, bidi bidi bom bom said:

Yes, "the city would be populated and that has been reflected in admin decisions in the past", it doesn't say "you need to pretend there's 10 civilians around you when they aren't actually there".

It implies that you should base your actions off the fact that the city is populated with people. This is not a hard concept. Sorry it doesn't go with your narrative, but that's how it's been established. Go look at reports related to this issue. Plenty of people have been punished for breaking this. This isn't opinion, it's fact.

If somebody murders someone in front of a camera, then they should face the IC consequences for said action. I don't like bringing OOC shit to a reckless IC situation such as that. It gives the authorities more RP, in the end. 

If somebody murders someone in front of a live crowd (3+ people), then I believe it should be handled ICly. If a dude just shot somebody in front of a bunch of witnesses, why not just bring it to the authorities and work off of that?

Me just being me, if my character just got his head blown off with three or more people witnessing it, I'd let it play out. More than not, I'm assuming, people would whether /report for a 1 hour admin sit about magical people in the distance. Los Santos is based off Los Angeles, if we're talking realistic traffic then any and every shooting taken place would be broadcasted by multiple CCTVs nearby, and would have plentyful witnesses.

Speaking on admin situations, there's been two sides of it. Admins have applied the "people would be flooded all through this area" argument, and there has been times where they haven't. It's a shakey topic, and people acting as if it's not is just plain out stupid. It's not as cut and dry as people are making it out to be. Each and every shooting, you'd just have people spamming /report with the classic "Hey, this guy just shot me after I posed a threat to him. He should be prisoned, due to this spot being very lively in Los Angeles." 

People acting as if Vinewood/Hollywood is just a crime-free zone in real life is in the wrong, too. Downtown LA & Hollywood has it's own murder rate. It isn't strawberries and ice cream out there. People get murdered, slaughtered, stabbed, robbed, mugged, etc. There has to be a definite line between Los Santos & Los Angeles if every sector of Downtown LS is going to have the "this place would have tons of people walking around," argument.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

So you're telling me the staff openly say we should pretend to roleplay the existence of NPCs

Yes, which is what this entire discussion has been based around, the original poster wants this rule struck down.

5 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

I bet you can't provide proof of that

Check the admin rulings on shootings taking place in public areas with heavy foot traffic.

5 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

with the exact words I said

No need, the currently existing rules are a reality that does not align with your opinion. I have no need to fear you getting away with your beliefs without administration intervention being the end result, regardless of how you want it worded.