Updating rules and perception around shooting in public areas / daylight / or near cameras

bonk

On 3/9/2021 at 5:08 PM, DasFroggy said:

I am onboard with this...

...as long as the approach to prison time is revamped to instill a very real fear of being caught. More OOC leniency with crime being committed is fine if A) prison sentences are increased in OOC length, and B) a portion of that prison sentence must be roleplayed IC, the portion being relative to the crime. 

People should be allowed to be stupid, but their stupidity should realistically lead to them being taken off the streets. With real, meaningful prison sentences, there will be more consideration and hesitation for the crime being committed, and less criminals on the streets actively engaging in illegal activities.

That, and it will give the prison scene a much needed population spike.

Nervous said he doesn't want to force anyone to roleplay in prison. That's why, a portion of prison sentence must be roleplayed IC, will never happen. Sentences are okay as they are as of this moment. Maximum sentence is 20 OOC days, that's more than enough, because, IT'S 20 OOC DAYS. Whoever quits their character after getting arrested, or whoever just logs off for 10-20 days until their time is done, has zero roleplay quality and that thing says a lot about them. Prison isn't OOC punishment, it's an opportunity to develop your character further, and it's an OOC opportunity to participate in prison roleplay, which is actually extremely fun. The whole point of this suggestion is not to use "shooting in a broad daylight in front of cameras" as an excuse for punishments. If he had good roleplay reason to kill? It wasn't deathmatch, leave it be. There certainly won't be less criminals on the street engaging in illegal activities, even if prison sentences are 5 OOC months. That would create more problems in prison, having people with zero interest and knowledge about prison RP, trolls who will break rules and ruin other people's roleplay. It happened on LSRP, and trust me, most of the time, it was shit. 

15 minutes ago, Torlo said:

I find it awfully ironic how people are citing LA crime rates as a reason to commit crime 24/7, rob and kill constantly because well "My character is a criminal!".  It's gotten to a point where living in LS is like living in Somalia, if you're alone not near your car, you're never safe. In LA you could just as easily sit on the pier for hours by yourself and never even consider being kidnapped by two masked men so they can take your phone and 600 dollars, but here it happens all the time becuase people think rping a criminal means being a crime bot who has no other motivation other than to commit because that's why they exist. 

You need to understand that at the end of the day this is just a game. You feel wronged? You report. And since I can't see any reports you made on forums, you're just talking with a nice amount of salt in your mouth because once upon the time you got robbed at pier. 

On 3/9/2021 at 4:06 AM, Ink said:

Above, FearnR addressed that "stupid criminal" isn't a good excuse for a character. It's just like how "mentally unstable" isn't a good excuse, how "I'm a convicted violent felon" isn't a good excuse, and how "my character is a radical brainwashed religious extremist trying to bring freedom the world through ultraviolence" isn't a good excuse. We're a heavy roleplay community and there needs to be a baseline level of intentionality to our character's actions especially when you're hoping that other people, especially people who aren't willingly involved in your RP, have to RP the consequences of your character's actions. It's as much a matter of generating decent roleplay as it is of being OOCly courteous to your fellow players.

The entire post is based on false premises. The server's peak has literally been at ~12 midnight as seen here (click me). Not every murder committed is a first degree murder. People get angry, people shoot. Shit happens. The idea that every murder should be "planned ahead" and that people should be punished OOC for their valid IC actions is fundamentally barring and limiting. No person should have the capacity to call me or other players an idiot and judge my IC actions as a basis of my IRL persona nor intelligence.

awYvRXx.png

As seen above, however, that's not what the current state of affairs promote. IC actions have OOC results. People that commit crimes get jailed twice (as seen here) because an administrator thinks it's "not smart". The entire looting situation, and almost every single illegal act is constantly judged by administrators. This isn't targeting Moonsong directly, the post above is just an example of where the server currently stands (it genuinely just so happens that Moonsong handled both reports, but there are numerous other reports with other administrators doing the same act).

Administrators are here to enforce the rules, not judge my roleplay. I don't give the slightest fuck if you don't like my character, I honestly don't. I do however care if I'm breaking the rules, because that's unfair for me and all parties involved. It's incredibly humiliating to be constantly judged by administrators and have them frown down upon valid roleplay.

This humiliation must end. Being called an idiot by an administrator is not Moonsong's direct fault, but the fault of the underlying system that allows this form of judgement in the first place.

Shooting people in broad daylight is just an example.

Edited by maramizo
typo
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
40 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

Nervous said he doesn't want to force anyone to roleplay in prison. That's why, a portion of prison sentence must be roleplayed IC, will never happen. Sentences are okay as they are as of this moment. Maximum sentence is 20 OOC days, that's more than enough, because, IT'S 20 OOC DAYS. Whoever quits their character after getting arrested, or whoever just logs off for 10-20 days until their time is done, has zero roleplay quality and that thing says a lot about them. Prison isn't OOC punishment, it's an opportunity to develop your character further, and it's an OOC opportunity to participate in prison roleplay, which is actually extremely fun. The whole point of this suggestion is not to use "shooting in a broad daylight in front of cameras" as an excuse for punishments. If he had good roleplay reason to kill? It wasn't deathmatch, leave it be. There certainly won't be less criminals on the street engaging in illegal activities, even if prison sentences are 5 OOC months. That would create more problems in prison, having people with zero interest and knowledge about prison RP, trolls who will break rules and ruin other people's roleplay. It happened on LSRP, and trust me, most of the time, it was shit. 

This is not true. I've been in prison for over 200 hours I think. Me and @xiDylan99along with everyone basically in the Black Car can vouch that the prison is indeed active. A lot of stuff happen in prison. People get CK'd, there are work details, there are active guards that do constant checks and head counts, cafeteria opens up, people cook, people do janitor work, the library opens and there's mandatory exercise.

Maybe you logged on in specific timezones when it's usually dead.

Edited by maramizo
  • Upvote 1
Just now, maramizo said:

This is not true. I've been in prison for over 200 hours I think. Me and @xiDylan99along with everyone basically in the Black Car can vouch that the prison is indeed active. A lot of stuff happen in prison. People get CK'd, there are work details, there are active guards that do constant checks and head counts, cafeteria opens up, people cook, people do janitor work, the library opens and there's mandatory exercise.

Maybe you logged on in specific timezones when it's usually dead.

You completely missed my point man. I never said prison is inactive. 

1 minute ago, .Pluto. said:

You completely missed my point man. I never said prison is inactive. 

You're right, actually. I skimmed through that after reading the past. Been used to seeing people "prison is dead i hate it get me out" so I automatically assumed that was one of these posts. My bad, you're 100% right. People don't understand how prison works, but for the most part they usually come around to understanding the system inside. I also actually like prison RP so I'm more inclined to increase the sentencing on specific crimes with the same maximum amount of days.

45 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

Nervous said he doesn't want to force anyone to roleplay in prison.

Then there is no need to update the rules to allow daytime shootings in public spaces without significant scrutiny, as it is right now.

Currently the rate of gun violence and murders alone in the San Andreas area are greater than the top five most dangerous countries in the world combined. There is simply not enough of a disincentive for crime, so hard limits are needed.

Either make a portion of the sentence require active IC participation, or face heavy resistance against anything that would only increase the already wildly unrealistic crime rates.

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

Then there is no need to update the rules to allow daytime shootings in public spaces without significant scrutiny, as it is right now.

Currently the rate of gun violence and murders alone in the San Andreas area are greater than the top five most dangerous countries in the world combined. There is simply not enough of a disincentive for crime, so hard limits are needed.

Either make a portion of the sentence require active IC participation, or face heavy resistance against anything that would only increase the already wildly unrealistic crime rates.

I bet you never participated in illegal roleplay.

6 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Bro have you read OP's posts? LA IRL has an extremely dense CCTV/pop. Meaning that it literally doesn't matter when you commit the crime because you're highly likely to be caught on CCTV. People commit these crimes IRL anyway, heavily. That doesn't acknowledge his points. If "portrayal" is the most realistic aim here, then that should be addressed.

This thread does not promote deathmatching. This thread aims to curb the unrealistic and meaningless distinguishment between day/night in committing public crimes given the current infrastructure of surveillance in LA.

6 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

OK, handle that IC. Vote for people that want to enforce harsher gun laws. Have LSPD crack down on weapon suppliers and gang members. Injunctions come in handy, and have been enforced numerous times.

Punishing a player for shooting in broad daylight is like punishing a cop for patrolling in a crime infested neighborhood at night. In both cases, admins should not overstep that boundary. Players are responsible for their actions and IC should dictate valid IC actions. No deathmatching? No admin interference, period.

Edited by maramizo
11 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

I bet you never participated in illegal roleplay.

I black hat security assessments for people that want to better know the ins and outs of a place they want to hit. Business is not great, but walking gang members and mafia types through the means to circumvent most modern security systems and doctrines is something I happen to be good at. The best part? People rarely need guns to carry out a crime when they get my help. I am not only aware of the problem, I am working from a criminal angle to try and fix it IC.

Now, instead of sidestepping my point, why not address the wildly outlandish and unrealistic gun violence rate? ...because that is not going away without a fix, and until it does, the current rules make perfect sense.

8 minutes ago, maramizo said:

Bro have you read OP's posts? LA IRL has an extremely dense CCTV/pop. Meaning that it literally doesn't matter when you commit the crime because you're highly likely to be caught on CCTV. People commit these crimes IRL anyway, heavily. That doesn't acknowledge his points. If "portrayal" is the most realistic aim here, then that should be addressed.

This thread does not promote deathmatching. This thread aims to curb the unrealistic and meaningless distinguishment between day/night in committing public crimes given the current infrastructure of surveillance in LA.

Cool, LA IRL does not have more gun violence than the top five most dangerous countries in the world. We are already at a ridiculously crazy point.

So here is how it is - you want to curb the unrealistic and meaningless distinguishment between day/night crimes? Start by curbing the unrealistic and mindless excess of crime so that a rule is not needed to keep things from becoming moreso wildly out of control.

Edited by DasFroggy
Just now, DasFroggy said:

Cool, LA IRL does not have more gun violence than the top five most dangerous countries in the world. We are already at a ridiculously crazy point.

Mhm, you're right. You're playing a literal shooting game complaining about people shooting. IDK what to tell you, bro. It's a roleplay server on GTA. Maybe play Second Life if you're into that sort of thing. The nature of the game will always promote actions that are natural to the game. In this case, the GTA series will always promote gun violence. 

Again, I repeat myself, if no rules are broken, admins shouldn't interfere. Not deathmatch? Take it IC.