Dark tints affect the visibility of nametags

Morgan

Short description: Decrease the range of nametags visibility according to the level of window tints

Detailed description: When a player is inside a vehicle with dark tints, you can't see him, but you can still see his name tag from a distance which promotes metagaming. The range from which you can see the nametags should decrease gradually depending on which level of tints you have on. If you have the darkest tint, you have to stand relatively next to the car to see the nametag. I don't think this will be abused, as the nametags will still be visible from up close in case an admin needs a name for a report.

This will decrease MG and will help LEOs, private investigators or even civilians to conduct surveillance or drive-by's without worrying about metagaming.

QVLwuU3.png

Commands to add:

Items to add:

How would your suggestion improve the server? Less MG, More realism, More investigative RP

Additional information:

Edited by Morgan
  • Upvote 1

I genuinely thought about suggesting this two days ago, you read my mind or something. I propose, no tints = back to default before the updated distances. Level 3 tint, approximately ten feet distance, level 2 five feet, level 1 tint you must be practically touching the car, which is realistic.

As an additional note, if you wanna hear my controversial opinion, nametags should be gone entirely and replaced with a Stranger (PlayerID). If you figure out someone's name you can replace their name over their head. Nametags serve to do nothing but incite metagaming.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Sebz said:

As an additional note, if you wanna hear my controversial opinion, nametags should be gone entirely and replaced with a Stranger (PlayerID). If you figure out someone's name you can replace their name over their head. Nametags serve to do nothing but incite metagaming.

This.

Just now, Sebz said:

Please post this as a suggestion, I love the idea!

• Morgan changed the title to Dark tints affect the visibility of nametags
  • Wuhtah locked this topic