Renew The Advertisement System

Cipher

Short description: Renew the advertisement system so that it's no longer a global text chat announcement.

Detailed description: The current advertisement system is out-dated and just unsightly to look at, you could be RPing outdoors with someone just chatting and see the green wall of text that advertises something outta nowhere, immersion breaking. Not to mention that in putting an ad, you gotta wait for a cooldown, and your ad can get scrolled up pretty quickly in a crowded roleplay area. I'd suggest by moving all advertisement systems right into the phone, akin to the call taxi button, or the facebrowser button, just add a dedicated advertisements button. This could help people to just scroll and see an advertisement whenever they want, instead of getting it shoved on them. Furthermore, this suggestion could improve the advertisements posted, with the possibilities of creating image/gif advertisements akin tot what you're used to see online, but that's a possible improvement for later.

Commands to add: None.

Items to add: Advertisement application in the phone, divided into advertisement, company advertisement, and business advertisement section.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Immersion, quality of life, more use for cellphones, etc.

Additional information: None.

• Upvote 6

+1. over the past couple days it’s gotten the point where i physically can’t stand to look at ads anymore. /togad is a command i type upon login. 

it sucks because i don’t want to miss ALL ads, but the alternative is a constant wall of green text which breaks my immersion mid RP and i’d rather miss everything than put my fun and roleplay at stake. The constant green spam is horrendous. MOVE IT TO PHONES 

There's already an option to disable advertisements so it doesn't interfere with your RP. I don't think it's necessary to completely get rid of the green text and move it to phones because for one, it's realistic, think about the number of unwanted advertisement posters and billboards around your own city. Secondly, there are times when I'm looking for specific properties or Vehicles and the green text is way more convenient than having to spam a command every 5 minutes hoping there's something of interest. However, I do support the idea of adding an option to view advertisements on phone for people who have toggled them off for RP reasons.

1 minute ago, Illusive said:

Secondly, there are times when I'm looking for specific properties or Vehicles and the green text is way more convenient than having to spam a command every 5 minutes hoping there's something of interest.

Aren't you spamming the /ad command every 5 minutes when this happens already, though?

The green text has long been immersion breaking, and it's time for it to go. With the way notes work, could even implement a little something new alongside it too.

I know I'd love to photoshop an ad for a business or two and have the image pop up when you click on the link.

10 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

Aren't you spamming the /ad command every 5 minutes when this happens already, though?

The green text has long been immersion breaking, and it's time for it to go. With the way notes work, could even implement a little something new alongside it too.

I know I'd love to photoshop an ad for a business or two and have the image pop up when you click on the link.

What I meant was, the suggestion says how there should be a dedicated option on the phone to view ads, so you will be spamming that command just to view them.

Edited by Illusive
  • mj2002 locked this topic