How to improve the speed bumps

Towbie

7 hours ago, Sim said:

I would like to address these issues beforehand, on the first video you show someone stuck on the barriers, again, this is what the suggestion is for, changing the design to a bump on the road and not just a half assed wall.

I have edited this response as I thought I saw you flying higher yesterday, my apologies. 2nd video is still iffy but what can you do, gta physics and speedbump in a bad location.

Third you show curve boosting. A physics phenomena created by the GTA V engine where if you go along a curve you gain an increase in speed. This is not the same as hitting a direct boulder at 170 MPH. Your car will go flying as it is intended to do.

Those videos were to showcase the issues with speedbumps in general, as I stated; they either have to block you entirely, regardless of the prop used, or they will end up giving you a speed boost. The speed boost isn't limited to 'going along a curve'; any minor bump will give you it, with curbs being used most frequently due to their availability. The exact same effect is achieved on any other bump, though; many roads in the game will boost you if you drive down them fast enough, even if you do nothing to try and achieve the effect. Therefore... adding more bumps will just add more things for people to speed up on.

Unless, of course, you make them so prominent that they're liable to stop a vehicle entirely, regardless of what that vehicle is doing.

20 hours ago, Sabess said:

Those videos were to showcase the issues with speedbumps in general, as I stated; they either have to block you entirely, regardless of the prop used, or they will end up giving you a speed boost. The speed boost isn't limited to 'going along a curve'; any minor bump will give you it, with curbs being used most frequently due to their availability. The exact same effect is achieved on any other bump, though; many roads in the game will boost you if you drive down them fast enough, even if you do nothing to try and achieve the effect. Therefore... adding more bumps will just add more things for people to speed up on.

Unless, of course, you make them so prominent that they're liable to stop a vehicle entirely, regardless of what that vehicle is doing.

Of course I'm assuming the damage to the car came from the speedbump possibly? If so, this shouldn't be a response to speeding ingame. This is entirely unrealistic as now you've just opened up your entire city to a very, very large lawsuit coming. 

My final opinion on this is either use a realistic model for a speedbump that doesn't total ur car(I dont even wanna try and drive my faction over 1 of these), or not at all.

GTA5_Fr0FvwQNiV.png

13 hours ago, Sim said:

Okay, after some testing, I have to agree with @Sabess, the prop being suggested will only increment speed unless placed higher than the ones in the base game are.

https://streamable.com/bt67i1

That wasn't your discord, by the way.

That or something has to be done to make them actually functional instead of 'haha makes my wheel go up funny effect'

You could probably place two at a slant to create a bump.

• Wuhtah locked this topic