Official Status

Sinister

What this does is create a higher standard and incentive for faction leaders to get their shit together, as for those worried about supplier being restricted to 'official' factions, I don't think you would have anything to worry about. Faction leaders and members alike should take this as a challenge to be the best they can be; I see people discussing elitism, but on that same tune, I do not believe those people understand what opportunities arise for factions that strive to create and facilitate roleplay for others.

4 minutes ago, UTOPIA said:

What this does is create a higher standard and incentive for faction leaders to get their shit together, as for those worried about supplier being restricted to 'official' factions, I don't think you would have anything to worry about. Faction leaders and members alike should take this as a challenge to be the best they can be; I see people discussing elitism, but on that same tune, I do not believe those people understand what opportunities arise for factions that strive to create and facilitate roleplay for others.

So you're saying official status wouldn't have anything to do with drugs or guns? If it doesn't then I'm pretty sure nobody would be against it, but what purpose would it serve? What perks would an official faction have as opposed to other factions? If there's no perks, it doesn't inentivize anything, since all you'd be getting is your thread pinned on the forums. But if there's ingame perks it could ruin existing systems. 

Just now, Pathway said:

So you're saying official status wouldn't have anything to do with drugs or guns? If it doesn't then I'm pretty sure nobody would be against it, but what purpose would it serve? What perks would an official faction have as opposed to other factions? If there's no perks, it doesn't inentivize anything, since all you'd be getting is your thread pinned on the forums. But if there's ingame perks it could ruin existing systems. 

Well I think it's the status itself; it being something to strive for, It's recognition for putting time and effort into something; for some people, that may not be an incentive, but for others it very much is; myself included.

Perhaps the official faction status idea could command greater influence with topics specifically related towards illegal factions as a collective. Maybe Illegal Faction Management consults with the leadership of factions in which earned official status before implementing or making modifications to certain areas of the illegal role-play genre. After all, those who would have the status would be experienced and reputable.

Edited by Sicario

The current system is really good. I don't like those "make GTA:W into LSRP V2" suggestions. 

I can speak from experience when I say that "official" factions and their monopoly on illegal goods ruined LS:RP and created MAD asset transferring for real money (we're talking thousands of dollars being exchanged monthly for guns).

As it stands now, the faction scheme allows factions to operate at full capacity and prove themselves. If they are not up to standards and abuse/exploit their capabilities, they get removed.

I'm game for additional incentives for factions that have been around for a long time and have provided unique and quality RP, but gatekeeping factions and forcing newbie factions to kiss OOC ass isn't something that I particularly fancy. If you want to add more incentives, add more weapon/drug supplier slots, cheaper prices for stuff, more property slots etc.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, TritonXVII said:

The current system is really good. I don't like those "make GTA:W into LSRP V2" suggestions. 

I can speak from experience when I say that "official" factions and their monopoly on illegal goods ruined LS:RP and created MAD asset transferring for real money (we're talking thousands of dollars being exchanged monthly for guns).

That is because once a faction got the status of official they were suddenly given access to drug and weapon warehouses which is where that system was flawed. The system being suggested solely aims to award long lasting factions who have significantly impacted the server for the better. This would simply grant a faction recognition as a top role model among illegal factions, or legal. 

1 minute ago, Sicario said:

That is because once a faction got the status of official they were suddenly given access to drug and weapon warehouses which is where that system was flawed. The system being suggested solely aims to award long lasting factions who have significantly impacted the server for the better. This would simply grant a faction recognition as a top role model among illegal factions, or legal. 

So we're just talking about a badge that says "Official"? No IG bonuses?

If that's the case, I think yearly badges would make more sense ("One year Faction", "Two years Faction" whatever). Saying that something is "official" is very misleading and a totally incorrect use of the term. But yeah I'm all for some kind of recognition for the long lasting ones, sure.

5 minutes ago, TritonXVII said:

So we're just talking about a badge that says "Official"? No IG bonuses?

If that's the case, I think yearly badges would make more sense ("One year Faction", "Two years Faction" whatever). Saying that something is "official" is very misleading and a totally incorrect use of the term. But yeah I'm all for some kind of recognition for the long lasting ones, sure.

Name it whatever you want to name it, the idea still stands. A title given to a faction because of their longevity, hard work, top RP quality, and what they have to offer to the community. 

There doesn’t have to be a tangible gain for it. The titled factions shouldn’t be getting more guns or drugs or whatever. The fact that they’re being given the title is what will set them apart. 

Personally, I do not think badges are an accurate measurement of quality factions. Sure, a faction can be on the server for six years. Does that make them of higher quality in comparison to a faction that has been around for three years? Putting the label of "official" would only reinforce that the faction has earned a concrete position that should help mold potential uprising factions that would like to pursue the same path. 

• Bospy locked this topic