Drug Market Revamp

afrosamurai

Well people need to rp drugs more and not just use it for that extra HP. Maybe that could be changed, remove the hp benefit (?).  I love drugs roleplay, specially meth and heroin and I will always want to buy it ICly because it makes sense to my character. That should be key factor, not ooc benefits like HP boost. 

Another thing that should be definitely changed is the drug quantities. It makes no sense in my head to roleplay snorting a line of cocaine and actually using a whole gram. No one consumes 1g in one go. The current script doesn’t allow me to properly roleplay an eitghtball (3,5G), a stampbag (0,1g), etc etc. That’s the most realistic approach to drugs.  I think it’s rather unrealistic for the average John Doe to be buying buying/selling kilos of drugs. 

Edited by Klag
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
9 minutes ago, Juicebox said:

I edited into number format, but kept your words. Just for organization purposes. So these seem to be the main two problems, from what I've gathered. So it's tackling the issue of creating demand. Basically too much supply and not enough demand. So how can that be fixed? I still don't necessarily agree with the idea of drugs giving stat boosts, but I suppose I understand the thought process behind it. Can there be a medium where drugs give both positive and negative effects? Maybe the positive outweighing the negative by a slight amount, so it's still a net positive? That way the drugs kind of have some use behind them. How can people be encouraged to play a user rather than a dealer?

I like this idea. Maybe after 5 times (or whatever number, it doesn’t matter) using an “hard” drug you become addicted. Being addicted could mean that if you’re X amount of time without using the drug your screen shakes, or it goes black and white, or you’re slower, or you go to half health...I don’t know, something negative. But when you take the drug, you’re faster or have a health boost. So you’re always stuck balancing the negatives and positives of a drug. 

3 minutes ago, Rickaroni said:

I like this idea. Maybe after 5 times (or whatever number, it doesn’t matter) using an “hard” drug you become addicted. Being addicted could mean that if you’re X amount of time without using the drug your screen shakes, or it goes black and white, or you’re slower, or you go to half health...I don’t know, something negative. But when you take the drug, you’re faster or have a health boost. So you’re always stuck balancing the negatives and positives of a drug. 

The ideas here are dated, but a system like this would definitely help balance.

@Captain @changooman

What about a sliding stat scale that simulates addiction without forcing a player through an addiction like automatic health loss? Or is a stat boost/negative not enough of an incentive? Honestly not a fan of boosts, but I do see the obvious problem with lack of users.

• First Use: 10% Positive Boost / 1% Negative Boost (Lasts X minutes)
  • Second Use: 9% Positive Boost / 2% Negative Boost (Lasts X plus 1 minutes)
  • Third Use: 8% Positive Boost / 3 % Negative Boost (Lasts X plus 2 minutes)
  • Fourth Use: 7% Positive Boost / 4% Negative Boost (Lasts X plus 3 minutes)
  • Fifth Use: 6% Positive Boost / 5% Negative Boost (Lasts X plus 4 minutes)

Percentages and numbers are just examples and effects could be adjusted depending on the drug, but basically even by the fifth use, the positive still outweighs the negative by a slight amount. The more you use it, the longer the boosts/negatives get to encourage repeat use. Even though you have to deal with negative effects longer, you get the positive effect longer as well. Then the cycle repeats. Maybe require a cool down between uses to prevent abuse and encourage realistic use? I kind of just came up with this as a very rudimentary idea to build on if it's something that makes sense.

Edited by Juicebox

At this point, I’m looking at SAMP and thinking why did the drug market flow so perfect? Yet here it doesn’t.

People actually bought drugs and roleplayed around them. People actively sought out drugs, even back when they had that stupid script on lsrp that ultimately gave you a seizure IRL every time you took drugs, people still went out and purchased them, often just physically dropping the item after finishing roleplaying taking it (until they removed the horrendous visuals and side effects where a single usage left you a raving addict). 

I think a large factor in the drug market not quite taking off here is down to how GTA V RP plays out. The map is so huge, it’s so huge to the point, the city does often just seem... empty. It results in less regular interaction. On top of that, a massive proportion of the community just roleplay indoors. 

There are entire factions/cliques of friends (legal and illegal) out there that will happily just roleplay with each other inside an interior, inside their apartments and homes. It once again results in less interaction. 

When you first join the server, it’s kind of like, where is the roleplay? (Other than businesses, clubs, etc). You always see them threads, new players, asking where they can find roleplay. The community just tell them to join a faction. 

on SAMP them problems didn’t really exist, it was never a question of where do I find roleplay, it just found you, it was everywhere.

The size of the map, the huge amount of people that just roleplay indoors, the struggle to always find roleplay until you find a group/clique to fit into, they probably all play a large role in the lack of a drug market and the issue with these factors is a benefit from taking drugs isn’t really going to change that 

1 hour ago, Mister Barrowsky said:

Not supporting. People will farm NPC sales with no risk drug money.

No risk drug money...

Are you aware of the ecosystem in place? There is literally the police state, rival factions, independent opportunists, etc. Your reply feels absolutely knee jerk and ill-conceived. 

• Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic