[LSNN] Chat with Founder of Los Santos Soccer Association—Yehuda Cohen

North

CvaVzrI.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Chat with Founder of LSSA—Yehuda Cohen

Brodie Linhares

2086180926_YuhedaCohen.thumb.png.e2327c3702a10d56d103de41cd71c674.png

Yehuda Cohen after the interview

November 4th, 2020. An interview was hosted with the founder of LSSA (Los Santos Soccer Association)—Yehuda Cohen. Topics such as organizational goals, future plans, and past careers were brought up throughout the discussion. The following represents the conversation reordered from the chat.

Kick-Off:

Question: Can you tell me a little about your position at LSSA?

Yes. I am the founder, owner, and president.

Question: Would you mind sharing your current age with me?

I am now... Thirty nine.

Initial Goals & Future Plans:

Question: What were some of your goals initially when you founded the organization (LSSA)?

One of the reasons I started this is because I have passion for soccer. I even played myself some professional soccer when I was younger. Then I thought to myself "Why wouldn't we start off with a few teams?" Make it like a little Sunday league. When this became a thing around, I came up with the idea of bringing professional and official soccer to the city. My goals are to provide fans and players a professional and an official frame for soccer. As you can see, now we have many fans watching the games, and players keep approaching us.

Question: What are your plans moving forward for such a successful organization?

We are currently working on renovations to the field. You would see it very soon as I have people working on it at the moment. And eventually we will stop the friendly games and start the real league. We plan a lot of things, some I'd prefer to keep as a surprise for the great crowd.

Challenges & Solutions:

Question: What are some of the biggest challenges you have faced throughout your involvement with LSSA?

So the start was the hardest, we advertised a lot... I for one spent over fifty grand on advertising only. We tried at first to get players, referees and whatnot. But the hardest thing was to find my partners, and I'm lucky I found Justine Kolk to run this thing with me. She helped and saved me a lot.

Question: What would you say, or rather which area has she (Justine Kolk) helped you the most?

She's surprising me with great stuff she's doing with the league. And... Let's say I have no time? I give her a call, she's getting stuff done real quick, a real hard worker, I can count on her.

Past Careers & Encouragement:

Question: Can you tell me a little more in terms of your past careers? Such as what your age was when you played for professional teams.

It started back when I was a sixteen years old teenager, I played at Maccabi Shikun HaMizrah, Rishon Lezylon, Israel. Then it stopped when I got into the IDF. And when I turned twenty two, I decided to get back to it a little, so I joined back to the same soccer club after leaving IDF. But this time was for one year only, and then I joined my father's business here in America. He pushed me in the business world, and eventually, I left the team and joined him and his brother in America, working at a real-estate company.

Question: Would you mind sharing a couple powerful sentences if you were to encourage people to join the realm of soccer in LS?

I think it's time for people to go big with this. Be here since the start you know? It's time for people who really like and have passion for soccer to join, we are at the start, but I can promise you it will blast. Things are only warming up. Soon, we will have starts, players will walk proud in the streets, as soccer stars like Cristiano Ronaldo and many others.

If you wish to see more on LSSA, feel free to visit their Facebrowser Page

KKgood.png.e31fe95e250ef25f9d40ddfdc2b99bd9.png

Y8l4IDT.png

2OyH6Zd.png

Y8l4IDT.png

VISIT OUR WEBSITE - CLICK HERE

Edited by North
  • Upvote 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic