Black Gang RP Needs a Savior

Legate

Somebody please, what do we do?

Edit: I think there just needs to be more support for them in general, from what I've seen it looks like they're just left in the water to drown without any type of support systems or higher structure how white gangs have the white car and Mexican gangs have La Eme.  Those are two pretty streamlined routes for White/Mexican gangs to take while black gangs don't really have that at all.

Edited by Captain
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
30 minutes ago, Captain said:

Somebody please, what do we do?

Edit: I think there just needs to be more support for them in general, from what I've seen it looks like they're just left in the water to drown without any type of support systems or higher structure how white gangs have the white car and Mexican gangs have La Eme.  Those are two pretty streamlined routes for White/Mexican gangs to take while black gangs don't really have that at all.

Black gangs aren't structured at all like La Eme lmao there's no such thing as a 'shot caller' in a black gang, maybe a big homie, but even then they don't come home and call shots on anyone. Black gangs are more so a democracy of older individuals who have say so over certain politics like peace treaties & gang rivalries.

Entities within the gang go along with those rules, but as far as big homies taxing younger members of their gang to benefit the life of an imprisoned "big homie" is rare nowadays. It's not recommended for a black gang member to give up their drug money to imprisoned homies.

EDIT: Even if there was a black structure going on I'm sure it wouldn't last long considering how other roleplayers with a similar structure deem themselves entitled to ultimate control over the illegal gun market scheme. Gang roleplay is a sham on this server because of egotistical players like this.

Edited by MinuteMaid
  • Upvote 2

Black gang RP is simply not motivating to actual roleplayers who want to bring this type of RP.

I personally believe that this lack of motivation derives from the IFM's lack of support for these types of factions, the server's player and administrator's general knowledge of this subject is rather low which simply un-motivates players even more.

Furthermore, black RP attracts a lot of bad eggs which give the lot of us a bad reputation, but this shouldn't be an excuse for people to not accept these types of factions. I think a huge reason regarding the bad admin record of most black gang roleplayers actually stem from the fact that we are in highly populated areas where many new players approach, and this can cause an admin situation rather easily.

As the leader of 52 Hoovers and an OOC advisor for the 59 Hoovers, I believe I have the full right to say this but we've made many changes. There is still lots of room for improvement, but the faction has come a long way since it began and the current circumstances, while sad, are the product of the environment.

If you're looking for a savior, you kind of have to get him in power. Players can bring good to the server but it's really hard to try and improve a whole section of RP when a lot of administrators I've encountered have little clue about black gang culture, and politics.

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, MinuteMaid said:

Black gangs aren't structured at all like La Eme lmao there's no such thing as a 'shot caller' in a black gang, maybe a big homie, but even then they don't come home and call shots on anyone. Black gangs are more so a democracy of older individuals who have say so over certain politics like peace treaties & gang rivalries.

Entities within the gang go along with those rules, but as far as big homies taxing younger members of their gang to benefit the life of an imprisoned "big homie" is rare nowadays. It's not recommended for a black gang member to give up their drug money to imprisoned homies.

I'm more so talking about resources and tools to RP with than anything.

1 minute ago, Captain said:

I'm more so talking about resources and tools to RP with than anything.

3 minutes ago, MinuteMaid said:

EDIT: Even if there was a black structure going on I'm sure it wouldn't last long considering how other roleplayers with a similar structure deem themselves entitled to ultimate control over the illegal gun market scheme. Gang roleplay is a sham on this server because of egotistical players like this.

• Selena locked this topic