An actual solution to removing the robbery limit.

zaXer.

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

A few questions:

• What is the new limit of money you’re able to carry?
  • What is this limit based on?
  • What is the “50k” aspect?
  • What are these new banking options?
  • What are the other cases?
  • What does a 24/7 have to do with a bank?
  • What would make this use CIT’s?
  • How does this impact illegal roleplay?
  • How does this improve roleplay?
  • How does this effect the server, and the community in a positive way?
  • How will the weight limit account for the different layers of the economy?
  • How will this be implemented?
  • What new rule set will be establish to prevent abuse with this system?
  • How does this effect robbery statistics when cash is a relatively irrelevant variable?
  • What problem does this solve?

What is the new limit of money you’re able to carry?

- To be discussed if even the idea gets accepted.

What is this limit based on?

- Based on what the management team will be sufficient

What is the “50k” aspect?

- An example amount of a 'large sum'.

What are these new banking options?

- Paying via your bank account.

What are the other cases?

- Any other cases that we havent talked about.

What does a 24/7 have to do with a bank?

- A 24/7 doesnt need the bank payment opportunity, because there's an ATM inside every 24/7.

What would make this use CIT’s?

- The risk of losing your money when running your business.

How does this impact illegal roleplay?

- Lower street-level thug robberies (Due to not carrying much cash, if not even less than now), divert attention towards organised crime on larger "heists" - highern interest, but less opportunities to actually do it.

How does this improve roleplay?

- Makes your characters carry a normal amount, not half of their wealth in their pockets. Increases risks while running an illegal business and while having a lot of money on you.

How does this effect the server, and the community in a positive way?

- By increasing realism.

How will the weight limit account for the different layers of the economy?

- Accordingly as decided at a further point when seeing how it's gonna be implemented (not to be decided by us i suppose).

How will this be implemented?

- Like how every other accepted suggestion is.

What new rule set will be establish to prevent abuse with this system?

- Discuss out your 'abuse' views you have and we'll try to adjust accordingly.

How does this effect robbery statistics when cash is a relatively irrelevant variable?

- Robberies will remain if not even lower, due to the less amount needed to be carried on hand.

What problem does this solve?

- Having people walk around with their whole wealth in their pockets. Fix the issue of 'i just sold 500 grams of cocaine but you cant rob more than $5000k off me, even though i just left the deal', 'ah my club opening is done, let me pocket $50 000 and go to the bank' and many other similar cases.

27 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

What is the new limit of money you’re able to carry?

- To be discussed if even the idea gets accepted.

What is this limit based on?

- Based on what the management team will be sufficient

What is the “50k” aspect?

- An example amount of a 'large sum'.

What are these new banking options?

- Paying via your bank account.

What are the other cases?

- Any other cases that we havent talked about.

What does a 24/7 have to do with a bank?

- A 24/7 doesnt need the bank payment opportunity, because there's an ATM inside every 24/7.

What would make this use CIT’s?

- The risk of losing your money when running your business.

- Lower street-level thug robberies (Due to not carrying much cash, if not even less than now), divert attention towards organised crime on larger "heists" - highern interest, but less opportunities to actually do it.

How does this improve roleplay?

- Makes your characters carry a normal amount, not half of their wealth in their pockets. Increases risks while running an illegal business and while having a lot of money on you.

How does this effect the server, and the community in a positive way?

- By increasing realism.

How will the weight limit account for the different layers of the economy?

- Accordingly as decided at a further point when seeing how it's gonna be implemented (not to be decided by us i suppose).

How will this be implemented?

- Like how every other accepted suggestion is.

What new rule set will be establish to prevent abuse with this system?

- Discuss out your 'abuse' views you have and we'll try to adjust accordingly.

How does this effect robbery statistics when cash is a relatively irrelevant variable?

- Robberies will remain if not even lower, due to the less amount needed to be carried on hand.

What problem does this solve?

- Having people walk around with their whole wealth in their pockets. Fix the issue of 'i just sold 500 grams of cocaine but you cant rob more than $5000k off me, even though i just left the deal', 'ah my club opening is done, let me pocket $50 000 and go to the bank' and many other similar cases.

What? Ok, especially this part:

29 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

How in the WORLD is this going to make people shy away from robbery? Do you do illegal RP at all? It seems as if you're speaking from a position that's inexperienced with how gangs and factions on the server operate, and how they make their money.

2 minutes ago, CocainePVP said:

What? Ok, especially this part:

How in the WORLD is this going to make people shy away from robbery? Do you do illegal RP at all? It seems as if you're speaking from a position that's inexperienced with how gangs and factions on the server operate, and how they make their money.

I've done plenty of illegal roleplay and keep doing it to this date.

Let me say this better, maybe I wrote it wrong - it'll lower down the money award from a robbery. Item robberies are gonna remain, yeah.

12 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

I've done plenty of illegal roleplay

My guy, I've seen several illegal rpers disagreeing with this on this thread, so do I and i'm an illegal rper

I've also seen a bunch of legal business rpers disagreeing with this

So, the only person this seems to benefit, is you since you have a security company. Illegal rpers don't want it, and legal rpers 100% don't want this, so who does this benefit apart from you? You can say it's for realism but, you can see why people think you're just suggesting this since you want grupe6 to benefit right?

I do roberries and don't want this IC (several reasons illegal rpers wouldn't want this, especially since they can't do banktransfers or put their money in the bank so they'd be prone to their entire savings being stolen) , I also know people who have businesses and they definently don't want this, so it's literally just you benefitting, wether you admit it or not, this suggestion benefits you and disadvantages both legal and illegal rpers.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Pathway said:

My guy, I've seen several illegal rpers disagreeing with this on this thread, so do I and i'm an illegal rper

I've also seen a bunch of legal business rpers disagreeing with this

So, the only person this seems to benefit, is you since you have a security company. Illegal rpers don't want it, and legal rpers 100% don't want this, so who does this benefit apart from you? You can say it's for realism but, you can see why people think you're just suggesting this since you want grupe6 to benefit right?

I do roberries and don't want this IC (several reasons illegal rpers wouldn't want this, especially since they can't do banktransfers or put their money in the bank so they'd be prone to their entire savings being stolen) , I also know people who have businesses and they definently don't want this, so it's literally just you benefitting, wether you admit it or not, this suggestion benefits you and disadvantages both legal and illegal rpers.

it's not supposed to advantage illegal rpers but rather punish them, yes.  It's however realistic, and that's what the suggestion is aimed at. Not everything is supposed to advantage you

Edited by zaXer.

I think you're forgetting how many things still take money from on-hand instead of your bank. 

Pay-G phones, Ammunation, gas, convenience stores, clothing shops, furnishing, and some parts of the mechanic modding menu (locks & paint used to take on-hand cash while everything came from the bank) Literally everything that most people would use cards for now, we're forced to use cash instead.

Giving cash physical weight isn't a solution, it's just a reminder that we still have to pay on-hand cash for stupid things. And robberies would absolutely go out of control, like they're not already. People try to rp one in 20 seconds with 1-2 emotes and cry about stalling.

Just now, Pathway said:

so punishes illegal rpers, and makes legal rpers need YOU to not get robbed blind. Woah what a great suggestion man that benefits all of us!

not really.

You dont have any friends, organisation people, thugs, whatever you roleplay with, hop in with you and assist you to the transfer, really?

you dont need me or any of my guys to do stuff, just do it smart, yeah? A little bit of thinking goes a long way, rather than just an accusation. I dont say 'limit transfers to gruppe 6', did i? It's making new roleplay grounds for everyone. You run a club? Hand your money to few of your employees to bring it to the bank, or hop in with them. Made a drug deal? Get some tough men from yours to help you through the transaction. It's how it is IRL..no?

• mj2002 locked this topic