blips without ads for businesses

scramble

Short description: You would now be able to post a business blip without having to wait three minutes to post a whole advertisement.

Detailed description: /bad's functionality is unchanged. however, you can do /pblip to post a blip for your business without needing to catch the timer. a /pblip blip functions the same as a /bad blip, minus posting a [Business Advertisement]. it is still required to run the /badname command as well as the /badblip command, or else your blip will have no name and i assume, a default blip.

Commands to add: /pblip - Post a blip for your business. Use /badname and /badblip before posting your blip.

Items to add: n/a

How would your suggestion improve the server? There is less bloat from the obnoxious advertisements, but they are still availible to people who might want to use them! Likewise, business owners and employees no longer need to do the chicken dance while waiting for a /bad blip to go up. I think this is better than having to wait the timer, but may lead to situations where there are duplicate blips for the same business in roughly the same area, unless of course, you remove the blip from /bad and make it a seperate command to post blips? that might be a neccesary move.

Additional information:

/pblip - ERROR: You must own or be employed by a business to post a business blip!

1 hour ago, Jägerbomb said:

If I got this right.. you can do /blip anywhere just to post the blip. And also /blip to remove it.

that's a platinum donation feature - however, it's a good thing you brought it up.

is this a feature that should be locked behind donations? shouldn't donation rewards be reserved to things like the walk animations, or pets, or vice versa, that are more of a preference choice than a life quality improvement?

42 minutes ago, scramble said:

that's a platinum donation feature - however, it's a good thing you brought it up.

is this a feature that should be locked behind donations? shouldn't donation rewards be reserved to things like the walk animations, or pets, or vice versa, that are more of a preference choice than a life quality improvement?

.... /bad is locked behind Gold anyway, just donate or get a donator to manage it for you, dude.

This is already a feature. It is locked behind a paywall to encourage you to donate. The server has 1000 slots and stores gigabytes upon gigabytes of data daily, it's equipped to be able to sustain DDoS attacks and giving you a very (from time to time) stable connection. So please, donate.

b436339378.gif

2 minutes ago, Sim said:

.... /bad is locked behind Gold anyway, just donate or get a donator to manage it for you, dude.

This is already a feature. It is locked behind a paywall to encourage you to donate. The server has 1000 slots and stores gigabytes upon gigabytes of data daily, it's equipped to be able to sustain DDoS attacks and giving you a very (from time to time) stable connection. So please, donate.

b436339378.gif

It's ridiculous that core features should be locked behind a paywall.

The current system basically dictates that you can't advertise your business unless you donate to the server.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Sim said:

b436339378.gif

you're right! /bad IS locked behind gold! why is this? i actually had no idea i wasn't able to use this command ?

why is this locked behind donations? i understand and appreciate those things that you mentioned, but don't you think this core game feature should be made available to everyone? this doesn't feel like a feature worth donating for. this feels like something i should just be able to access.

i would be more encouraged to donate if this was not something i was expected to put out for, if you're begging for my money. 

22 minutes ago, scramble said:

why is this locked behind donations?

to encourage you to donate, you don't need to, just like you don't need to make ads to play gtaw, get someone else to do it for you if you're inclined on not paying 15 euros a month

Edited by Sim
converted to the inferior form of currency

I personally find that /bad is locked behind a donation pay wall to be the closest thing to "pay 2 win" on this server. I don't need to be convinced of the importance of donations, but I believe that there are enough perks already included, and which may be further included, to not tuck the ability to advertise your IC business behind donation.

But that's not what this thread is about. A few nights ago, I had the very same idea as the OP here and I agree fully with this suggestion. I was trying to open up a business during prime time and I literally could not post an advertisement for 15 minutes. All the while, my character is paying 4 staff members $4,000+ an hour (so it cost me $4,000 just to sit around and wait). This was a waste of everyone's time, and serves no purpose. 

Businesses should be able to drop a blip that they're open. Of course, abuse of this command, like any other, would be punished. 

• Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Ink said:

I personally find that /bad is locked behind a donation pay wall to be the closest thing to "pay 2 win" on this server. I don't need to be convinced of the importance of donations, but I believe that there are enough perks already included, and which may be further included, to not tuck the ability to advertise your IC business behind donation.

But that's not what this thread is about. A few nights ago, I had the very same idea as the OP here and I agree fully with this suggestion. I was trying to open up a business during prime time and I literally could not post an advertisement for 15 minutes. All the while, my character is paying 4 staff members $4,000+ an hour (so it cost me $4,000 just to sit around and wait). This was a waste of everyone's time, and serves no purpose. 

Businesses should be able to drop a blip that they're open. Of course, abuse of this command, like any other, would be punished. 

Personally the only reason I donate and get gold is specifically for /bad. Everything else I could care less about. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. I have zero issues with the way it is behind donations. The server needs donations to run. They just need to fix the advertisement system, which would remedy the situation with fighting to post an ad during prime time.

Edited by Cellestine
  • Applaud 1