Limit RNG RP

Matthew

1 minute ago, colorlessrainbow said:

In a healthy environment, they don't do that. Taking a loss is a part of character development, and it's fun. Always winning makes roleplay dull.

In the environment we are in people do that. Going by Stefan's example if person A hits person B but person B says they dodge, is it person A or B who decides if they hit?

4 minutes ago, Tree said:

In the environment we are in people do that. Going by Stefan's example if person A hits person B but person B says they dodge, is it person A or B who decides if they hit?

Theoretically you're not going to be able to dodge a punch. You're not neo from the matrix. 

It all goes back to your character development. Does your character box? If so, they're probably going to be better at fighting than someone who isn't. 

If you're grabbed, like stefanNL's example. Roleplay being grabbed and going from there. Try prying their hand off. Nine times out of ten you're not going to have the reaction speed to stop someone from grabbing you when they're right in front of you.

Edited by Declan

If someone RP's that they are about to stumble and hit the floor and does the coin toss I couldn't care less about them using it. I would only care if said coin toss involves another character.

An example would be using the coin toss to determine if your character would be able to grab and hold onto another character without allowing the person the properly respond to said attempt, which obviously is the wrong use of the coin toss.

So, if the person uses it for their own RP that doesn't involve other characters don't be a Karen and try and tell the person how to RP, no one likes RP critics.

2 minutes ago, BobBob said:

If someone RP's that they are about to stumble and hit the floor and does the coin toss I couldn't care less about them using it. I would only care if said coin toss involves another character.

An example would be using the coin toss to determine if your character would be able to grab and hold onto another character without allowing the person the properly respond to said attempt, which obviously is the wrong use of the coin toss.

So, if the person uses it for their own RP that doesn't involve other characters don't be a Karen and try and tell the person how to RP, no one likes RP critics.

If you use /coin roleplay in a personal setting, that's on you, however, when it has an affect on other players and their roleplay and people feel a sense of entitlement that they should win a situation because their /coin landed on heads, it becomes an issue.

Just now, CloutToken said:

If you use /coin roleplay in a personal setting, that's on you, however, when it has an affect on other players and their roleplay and people feel a sense of entitlement that they should win a situation because their /coin landed on heads, it becomes an issue.

Exactly, hence why I mentioned it's wrong when the coin toss involves another character. If it's purely just about your character by all means coin toss away.

• mj2002 locked this topic