Despawn cars when driver crashes

2 hours ago, emil said:

Thing is that this can be abused pretty easily. For example during chases, cop chases, people can force-crash their way out.

implying its not done already, there's multiple reports of people who've done /vp and simultaneously dc'd or /changechar during chases that have been punished already. It's the same thing if this gets added, you fail to reconnect within ten minutes, you get yourself reported unless you show proof of the crash, either by notifying someone through the discord or by answering your own report.

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

Can you reliably tell the difference between crashing and logging off? I don't want to have cars despawned when I log off.

Server already does this by auto-locking the vehicle (while driving) when you crash and not when you disconnect.

17 hours ago, KarMagick said:

Punish the people that abuse it, simple. Nothing prevents people from /vp'ing and alt+f4, it's the exact same with this.

The difference is this is easily tracked and determined since a command is used.  And what you suggest isn't easily tracked at all.  We'll see a huge increase of "Sorry I crashed."

9 minutes ago, KV said:

The difference is this is easily tracked and determined since a command is used.  And what you suggest isn't easily tracked at all.  We'll see a huge increase of "Sorry I crashed."

You do have a fair point. I suggest putting a 10, maybe 20 minutes timer on the vehicle before it despawns then, giving plenty of time to pursuers to identify and search it.

Honestly man I don't know why this isn't already a thing, as stated before RageMP can tell the difference between an altf4 and a crash, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's crashed before late at night and can't be assed to log back in and despawn their car.

20 hours ago, KV said:

Aren't there rules in place for this already that require these sorts of things to be played out?

• mj2002 locked this topic