[LSDEM] Official response to DEM's campaign discredit

Scarlatti

7 hours ago, Scarlatti said:

Username: DEMSquad

Comment: We are not throwing judgement or underestimating someone's capabilities. We're reporting real facts. We respect everyone's stance but you got to take your own responsibility. We have an organized party with a solid legal team formed by professionals and experienced people: every "legal" offer undergoes to this team and gets reviewed carefully.

However, I appreciate Republicans' attempt to move attention away from their LGBT's statement. 

Username: msalehlaw

Comment: "Taking responsibility" would be not trying to villainize, defame, and slander an arab-american Immigrant who worked her way from nothing to running a successful legal practice that helps the most vulnerable people in our city on a regular basis just because you seem have a personal grievance compounded with a need to desperately find someone to throw under the bus to distract from your personal and professional inadequacies.

Unlike you, I have very little to hide Mr. Galloway and will make my email public for the viewers at home below with commentary for your education rather than have you keep playing the game of characterizing it from the shadows.

Let's begin, shall we?

Ms. King,

I believe the time I've long suspected would come is finally here. The Republicans have contacted me regarding the potential for legal action against your party. As they are not clients of mine yet, I am willing to discuss the details at length with those who retain my political consultation services and would provide tangible insight into the situation as well as strategic approaches.

This email was directed at Ms. King, a consummate professional and inarguably one of the brightest minds your party retains at least in the leadership- we've been in long standing communication which I'll elaborate on later. So as hurtful and sad as this part of the email may seem to my current clients, nothing I say here is untrue. At this time, I had been made aware of a potential for legal action before I was retained as a consultant and could do with this information as I pleased. With all due respect to my current clients, it's wise to retain the services and therefore the confidentiality inherent in a business relationship BEFORE divulging any details or even general intentions for the business relationship. 

The time I'm alluding to in the opening sentence is the fact that I believed sooner or later one of the two parties would reach out for my services. As a courtesy, in an election containing two parties, I reach out to both when I get an offer to give the other an opportunity to make a counter offer. I cannot work for two parties at once.

Moving forward...

I understand that I have a duty to the city but I also have bills to pay and as much as I do love helping out I cannot do as a courtesy when there's a paying client on the other side of the spectrum. This isn't a shakedown. It's a standard one time fee of 20,000 for my consultation and advisement services from now until the election is done and it retains me from moving forward with clients that have a conflict of interest with your party.

In the past I had remarked that some of my actions for the Democratic Party had been out of 'courtesy' and kindness. For example, I alerted one of their ranks that a journalist had taken note of their marijuana habit and gave them a free PR analysis that essentially amounted to indicating that the big issue with smoking weed while in a campaign would be the buying and purchasing aspect more than the actual 'doing' of it. This little clean-up job was provided pro-bono as a measure of goodwill to the city I love and to those who would bravely take up the mantle of leading it.

Now, I don't to wish to alert you here Galloway, giving you too much information all at once, but when a political consultant offers their services in a city with only two parties it doesn't smack underhanded that she'd give both parties the opportunity of retaining her services before the flag is planted. I believe in legal and professional practice that respects clients and avoids conflicts of interest and a one time retainer fee for unlimited document preparation, speech-writing, political analysis, rapid-response strategy, and legal coverage is like I said in the original email less of a shake-down and more of me selling my services far below market value in order to maintain an ethical practice not founded on convoluted conflicts of interest.

If you can get me a chat with Galloway or at least have him authorize you appropriately, we can discuss more.

Do get back so me and also very good work on your homework assignment!

- M. Saleh

The final bit outlines me always wishing to speak above board and legally, I asked whether you wanted to discuss more in person and on record. You declined that offer. And now, you flail about, pantomiming the horror of being oppressed and violated, in a grand attempt at political theater that literally just falls flat. Give up buddy.

Also. I fully stand behind my final statement. She did remarkably well on her homework assignment that day for my course at ULSA.

This is hopefully the last I have to remark on this nothing-burger, but Galloway, targeting minority women with spurious accusations of "underhanded[ness]" just because we dare conduct business on the same esteemed level as older white men in society doesn't ring a fucking dog-whistle, it rings a tired but loud horn that we've heard ad nauseum in society. And while you might conveniently plug your ears to its noise, I assure you there are so many women who have been belittled, degraded, disregarded, besmirched, maligned, and dragged through the mud by men in power and have had been forced by very nature of that power disparity to have their voices silenced, reputations tarnished, and their lives ruined. They know the sound of that horn and recognize it clearly when it intones.

Have an ounce of self awareness, take responsibility for the smear campaign you've levied using the good name of the Democratic Party to exact seemingly personal vendettas, and either formally take me to court or keep my name out of your mouth.

I won't be yet another woman silenced or degraded and you best believe I will continue to speak out for what is right and moral. 

Warm regards,

Malikah Saleh

Edited by Al-Malikah
grammar
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Darcin said:

Username: TheRaz

If you're taking personal offense, I must've struck a nerve. People whom statements do not apply to don't take offense. Maybe it's time to do some self reflection friend.

1 hour ago, thumbelina said:

Username: AugustVIII

Comment: Imma make that a reality by pointing out you're a blind bitch about my first post.

Username: msalehlaw

Comment: i know the both of you. I know you both to be passionate individuals with more similarities than differences and an interest in making the world and Los Santos a better place. the only benefit of you two bickering is towards those who would rather see you focusing your fire and passion towards one another than recognizing the real obstacles that are placed in both of your paths.

I am asking for the both of you to bury this hatchet and move forward recognizing there are individuals of all political affiliations who want the world to be a beautiful better place, and there are individuals in places of power who benefit from your distraction from their actual ability distinct unwillingness to effect and the changes you both seek in the world.

if not for your sake, for mine, calm this. we should not let the powers that be rile us and stir us against one-another.

Much love,

Saleh

Edited by Al-Malikah
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic