Redefining how money is pumped into the server

Angela

I don't want to make a suggestion yet, just an open discussion I doubt something like this would be implemented since it'd mean a big change in the server.

Right now, people are given 5K per hour when they are new, and $500 when they aren't. I'd completely remove that. 

Instead, all different type of legal companies would be created: a bank for office roleplay, a film making company, a law firm, a model agency, a medical clinic, a factory at the docks, a tech firm (could even be the one running facebrowser), a news company, a gym, sauna, etc etc, any job we could imagine.

So these firms would be managed by experienced players who would organize the roleplay. Any player could join any of these, and work shifts of 1-2 horus, not necesarily ever day of course. They would be paying for their roleplay there, as it already happens with 24/7.

For example a movie company would hire actors, directors, writers, camera guys, make up artists. A law firm or any office would hire analysts, secretaries, cleaning staff, etc.  The idea would be to offer a lot of possitions, on different timezones and not relying if businesses are profitable in game or not. These firms could be also integrated with the script businesses we have.

4 minutes ago, orangejuice said:

the benefit of the hourly check is for people who just want to roleplay and will still slowly build up an income, without having to sit in a store, $500 an hour is nothing really anyway

The idea was in fact to create beeter roleplay jobs instead of only having the ones we already have. Basically, the suggestion would be to give money to creative businesses owners so they can hire a lot of people, instead of directly giving the money to the people.

Edited by Angela
9 minutes ago, Angela said:

The idea was in fact to create beeter roleplay jobs instead of only having the ones we already have. Basically, the suggestion would be to give money to creative businesses owners so they can hire a lot of people, instead of directly giving the money to the people.

perhaps a way to apply for a loan from the government to set up and run said business would work, for those that cannot afford to just do it

44 minutes ago, Angela said:

This existed when the business / government site was up and running. People could apply for grants/loans to help inject money into their business. I'm sure it will be started up again once they get it all organized. The starting money is given to the people because this is still a video game at the end of the day. Not everyone has several hours a day to stay on and earn money. Many of us work full-time jobs and play this for enjoyment. Being able to afford a realistic house or the average car shouldn't be a grind and that's why the starting money is given, so these things are affordable to everyone from the start.

Edited by Teddy Broosevelt

The beginner cash is paramount to one's roleplay. I was eternally grateful when I first joined - I jumped right into my roleplay without needing to grind some silly job to make sure a character has a house and a car. And that's still one key factor that separates GTAW from other communities. 

Sure, organizing a dozen of role-play businesses seems like a good idea, especially when you throw in "ran by experience roleplayers." So here's the problem - they become obsolete once whoever starts with them gets bored. You will be surprised to see how no one and their third cousin could care less about a 1-2 person docks factory. Why? Because no one did it yet, so it's clear interest is pretty much none.

The same applies to all other examples. 

I agree, businesses need government cash support. But that's also IC. What could be modified OOC is perhaps give /bad and the biz map blip as singular donator perks. I used to run a pretty nice autoshop back in the day and I don't miss buying gold donator 6 months in a row just to put /bad's, because else you have 0 roleplay since people don't show up. 

I like a diversity of jobs but to be fair a lot of people only have minimal time to play, a couple of hours a day. I wouldnt want to be forced to work at a warehouse for one hour of it to get any kind of money for RP. It's not GTA WORLD then it's job simulator.

Also not many "experienced players" will want to run said businesses. I am an experienced player and I am happy with my kebab shop and taxi business. And sometimes that feels like a second job in itself. 

• mj2002 locked this topic